Trusted Contributor
Question.....what does being TSApre-approved mean? I flew out of Orlando yesterday and was pre-approved. Yet,the TSA agent (female) made me remove my watch and cuff bracelet. I thought pre- approved meant no inconvenience or is that at the whim of the agent? Granted I didn't have to take off my shoes and bag went thru scanner as usual. But I saw others who weren 't asked to remove jewelry. Thoughts?
Honored Contributor

i believe even if you are pre-approved you STILL have to go through a metal detector, which is why they asked you to remove your jewelry. i always just remove jewelry and put it into the bowl OR wait to put it on until after i get through security.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I was pre-approved in Orlando too at the beginning of the month and still had to go through the x-ray machine and place my objects on the belt to be examined.

I think it just means you can keep your shoes on...and the line was a LOT shorter!

Honored Contributor

What are the benefits?

Eligible participants will be allowed to use dedicated TSA PreCheck lanes in participating airports for screening benefits which could include no longer removing the following items:

• Shoes
  • 3-1-1 compliant bag from carry-on
  • Laptop from bag
  • Light outerwear/jacket
  • Belt

Please note: The TSA will always incorporate random and unpredictable security measures throughout the airport. In order to retain a certain element of randomness within the program, no individual will be guaranteed expedited screening.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein