Honored Contributor

O/T: For GraceCo -- "Il Mondo," the Wedding Scene from "About Time"

Just happened to spot this. I hate isolating this one moment from such a satisfying film, but here it is.

Enjoy! Something important follows this scene, and, of course, the father (Bill Nighy) speaks such words of wisdom at the wedding reception.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j4dMWY11y8

I hope many view this; the song is one of a kind.

Respected Contributor

Re: O/T: For GraceCo -- "Il Mondo," the Wedding Scene from "About Time"

Wonderful!

Will make a point to see this Movie.

Thank you for posting.

Honored Contributor

Seka, I hope you (and others) see the film. It is enjoyable and has a wonderful message, one that we all can use in our lives.

Respected Contributor

Goldie, a big THANK YOU...so thoughtful of you to find this clip. I will definitely watch the entire film, which should be on Netflix. I love stories in this genre & Bill Nighy...and you already know how much I enjoyed the song. Beautiful.

You always find these gems to share...

Respected Contributor

I just watched the clip, Goldie--what a hoot! Ha! I may queue this up for my husband and I tonight. He's recovering from surgery & I think he'll enjoy it, too...

Honored Contributor

Grace, it a lovely movie. I saw it on HBO.

When I first saw it, I was left a bit cold at the outset because of the time-travel. I had no idea that the story line would eventually take the audience somewhere sublime. It does.

I've seen the film at least four times now, and I always cry at the very touching end. It is set in England, and many scenes are in Cornwall. So pretty there.

ETA: May your husband heal quickly.

Honored Contributor

and here am, I the disgruntled mother-of-the-groom when the bill arrives the next day and I am about to be hospitalized with pneumonia due to the weather, the bride's parents are refusing to pay the bill due to the venue we all chose, the weather destroying the day which the mother-of-the-bride had planned for herself, her friends and, last of all, her daughter (the bride), while my son, the musician, is saying, "But, Mother, the music was worth it all." LOL.Image result for peplum jacket I will have to see it. Thanks, Goldie and GraceCo. I just had to put my imagination into a place I have been before, sadly.

Honored Contributor

I bought this film I liked it so much. I've seen in a bigillion times. I still laugh in some areas and I love the music in it.

Respected Contributor

Goldie, watched it last night "On Demand/Comcast" & really enjoyed it!

Thank you for the good wishes for my husbandSmiley Happy

Contributor

My heart jumped when I saw the words "Il Mondo". This song is one-of-a-kind indeed! Originally sung by Jimmy Fontana, but brought to a contemporary audience and sung to perfection by Il VOLO. I never imagined in my 60+ years that I would be an obsessed fan of a group of teenage boys who sing Classic Italian songs in Italian and English, but here I am! This video is from their first PBS special from the Detroit Opera House, where I first saw them on TV. They were only 16 and 17 in 2011, but with the voices and power of 40 year old men. They have since traveled the world in concert and sold millions of albums, singing in Italian, Spanish, English and French. I hope you will enjoy this beautiful song! http://youtu.be/b06_ffOYE4U