Super Contributor

Re: O/T Do you like rock music? The Eagles, Graham Nash to Neil Young and Joni Mitchell?

There's an article in a recent New York Magazine about Joni Mitchell.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: O/T Do you like rock music? The Eagles, Graham Nash to Neil Young and Joni Mitchell?

On 2/20/2015 Kathleen said:

There's an article in a recent New York Magazine about Joni Mitchell.

Kathleen, thank you! That was very revealing! Now I have an addendum to add when she's up for discussion.

Honored Contributor

I love the Eagles!!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

Yes, one could say that I am stuck in the 60's and 70's LOL

Trusted Contributor

On 2/18/2015 Harpa said:

I teach American Pop Music college course. We cover before the turn of the 20th C. to present day. The luxury of time prevents us from delving into every major artist's bio, as interesting as they all are. Only in some units we do get to spend more time.

After the mid 60s pop music seems to have taken a (or should I say, another) sharp turn. Historically, very revealing!

In all the music I know and teach, it is still hard for me to pick a favorite. (Joni wouldn't be one of the contenders...) But I constantly ask the class to choose their favorites and explain why! Smiley Happy

How cool! Do you mind if I ask where you teach?