Esteemed Contributor

Re: O/T Do you like rock music? The Eagles, Graham Nash to Neil Young and Joni Mitchell?

Did you know Joni Mitchell doesn't even sing anymore? She smoked all her life and the cigs ruined her voice! Can you imagine, a voice like that..........what a shame!

Valued Contributor

Re: O/T Do you like rock music? The Eagles, Graham Nash to Neil Young and Joni Mitchell?

Love the ones the OP mentioned except for Neil Young. Joni wrote amazing songs and I love the majority of her work. Carole King, too. I can't wait to see the new Broadway show about her. Best concert I have seen in years was The Eagles in 2010.
Honored Contributor

I like music from Eartha Kitt to Eminem. I like classical, big band, some rap and current pop and bluegrass, and country (old and new). There isn't much music I don't like. But I have to say, the rock of the 60's and 70's is dear to my heart, as that is what I grew up listening to.

I will be checking out the videos you mentioned, sounds interesting.

Super Contributor

Love classic rock! Grew up on it. That's one of the reasons I'm such a huge Adam Lambert fan. Loving him with Queen. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I am a baby boomer who grew up in the 60s in Detroit. Need I say Motown is my fav. I do like anything from Lesley Gore to to Led Zepplin to Eminem. Just don't care for country.

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

Just the Eagles.......I heard years ago that Neil Young more or less abandoned his special needs son that he had with Carrie Snodgrass......it tainted my opinion (plus, when he sings alone, he's awful). Joni Mitchell was never my cup of tea.....folk singers bored me.

Valued Contributor

My concert of all was Jefferson Airplane, saw them, BB King ,And The Who, at Tanglewood back in 1969 all for 3.50$ they Rocked!
Trusted Contributor

Just ordered Bob Dylan's "Nashville Skyline" album from 1969. A song from it, a duet with Johnny Cash-- "Girl from the North Country"-- was in a scene in the movie "Silver Linings Playbook". It gives me goosebumps.

Also ordered a best of Tom Petty disc.

Old faves I already have include "Duane Allman Anthology" and "Standing in the Shadows of Motown". I also love Led Zeppelin and Rolling Stones.

Trusted Contributor

Oh, how could I forget The Who, Moody Blues and Electric Light Orchestra?!

Respected Contributor

Old school here. Love the tunes on the ""50's on 5"" that are on the car's XM radio.