Trusted Contributor

Re: O/T. Do customer reviews sway your thinking......

I'm very picky about fabric, so yes I do read reviews. It has saved me from a lot of returns!

Valued Contributor

Absolutely. I look for consistency in the reviews so if a lot of reviews say the material is inexpensive looking....I believe them and won't buy.

Super Contributor

Yes, I pay attention. I read from lowest to high. I watch for a pattern--if multiple people give it low marks or returns for the same reason. Like not running true to size, parts falling off, etc., came in the mail defective.

I disregard things like "I didn't like the color" or something has clearly been stated yet the person bought it anyway. Like it's 3/4 sleeve and they didn't want that. Well, duh!

Honored Contributor

Yes, I've often changed my mind about ordering a product after reading the reviews. Like most of the previous posters, the reviews I consider are the ones that tell the reason the person either liked or disliked the product. Also, if there are several negative/positive comments regarding the same specifics of said product. I don't pay attention to the reviews of people that simply don't like a color, etc., or if they ordered the product knowing there was something about it they wouldn't like beforehand, although I appreciate knowing that a color, etc. appears different in person than online/tv. Along with the negatives, I also discount the reviews that only state something like "I love this!" I want to know why you loved it, since my taste or need might be totally different than yours (which is why when I write a review myself I try to include all the things I would want to know about the product).

I have to say though, sometimes depending on just exactly what the negative reviews are stating and the level of need or (usually) desire I have for the product, I'll occasionally order it anyway. On the other hand, if I don't really want/need the product, positive reviews don't influence me as much.

I also read this QVC forum for the same reasons. I'll often get more info on products here that don't necessarily show up in the formal review sections.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes and the American shopping websites usually have a lot of reviews about clothing size and fit so if a garment isn't true to size then you can order up or down in size or decide not to order at all. I like to read what people think about the quality of an item and if there are any problems with an item and what kind of customer service is there with a company. You can get a pretty good idea most of the time by reading reviews.
Honored Contributor

The reviews are the most essential. I base my decision to purchase on them.

Valued Contributor

Absolutely! I would not have been able to purchase the Speed Queen washer without the reviews that were on here. I read these forums faithfully. There is info on just about anything and everything.

Beckyblu

Esteemed Contributor

I always read reviews and they mean a lot to me. I read all the negative ones first to see if any complaints are my issues. If quite a few hit important ones, I don't even bother reading positives.

Respected Contributor

I definitely am swayed by reviews. If there are several reviews that address a concern I already had about an item, I pass. I find that in general, many women are not very helpful in writing reviews. That might be why some don't bother with them. I really appreciate a clothing review with details on the sizing and quality after laundering.

Trusted Contributor

I would like to add that I really do depend on reviews because the QVC hosts refuse to give us pertinent information about the actual products. All they tell us is that we can wear the top to the grocery store and out to dinner with friends! They rarely talk about anything else during presentations.