Esteemed Contributor

I no longer buy from QVC for various reasons........ but when clothes shopping anywhere, I prefer numbered sizes for my bottoms, and XS-S for my tops.  I always want to try on clothing before I buy it - tops or bottoms.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@Suzeecat 

I don’t like the numbered sizing, prefer the letter. At 5’ 10.5” and an apple with long legs, I have found that the numbered sizes would fit in the waist but be huge in the legs and hips.  If they fit in the hips & legs, then the waist wouldn’t.  

The letter sizes are more forgiving which is what I need. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Esteemed Contributor

I'm not crazy about it and avoid it. Every time I use the numeric size (no matter which size I pick since my measurements seem to be inbetween) I have to return the item for another size. Sometimes it fits and sometime it doesn't. I think the problem is that the quality control when they cut the garment is not happening. There does seem to be a bit more flexibility in the s/m/l, etc sizing but not much...again qulity control.

I do check the measurements and garment measurements guide but still it's a 50/50 guess. They all state "running true to size" when asked but that's not been my experience.    

Honored Contributor

I prefer numeric sizing,  I like a custom fit.  Especially when it comes to pants.  

Honored Contributor

For clothes, I buy numerical sizes.  It's the most accurate.  I'm a 2 in dresses and tops, & slacks.(I'm a XXS at QVC...the few times I buy).  Mall stores if they are letter sizes then I'm a S (usually for jackets ) Waist sizes I'm a 25, for jeans.  I won't buy jeans that are in numerical whole sizes (2, 4, 6, etc)