Honored Contributor

Re: Not impressed with Nordstrom Rack

On 7/20/2014 chrystaltree said:

Nordstrom Rack isn't Nordstom's, the full department store. It's their own mark down, discount store. It's leftovers. The one near me is hit or miss, once or twice I have found something great. Usually, it's a bust. My husband likes it, he always finds things when he shops there. I actually do better at the Marshalls across the street, it's one of the upscale Marshalls.

No--some of the items have been in the regular Nordstroms' stores. I've seen several pairs of shoes in broken sizes that were sold , full price, in Nordstroms. I just never have liked the styles.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

I never was impressed with the Rack. They seem to stock off label, never seen in store items. They are usually messy as well, and I don't enjoy the "hunt" at all.
Honored Contributor

I'm not impressed with Nordstroms period. For my taste too trendy and too expensive.

Valued Contributor

I've loved Nordstrom for years and the Rack stores have never appealed to me. I don't know why.

Honored Contributor

On 7/20/2014 twinny2 said:

CMGM, Thank you. I am too far away to try something like this though.

You can browse and shop online.

https://www.nordstromrack.com/

Honored Contributor

Nordstrom Rack has been not too far from me for over 10 years; best prices are on shoes; thousands of them! If you wear a hard to find size, it is probably there. Like many places like this, it is always "feast or famine". I have seen 100 bottles of Philosophy on one trip and none at all on another trip, so you just have to check it out periodically.....have found some great baby things there also!

Respected Contributor

I went to ours for the first time last week and didn't find anything that I needed either.

Deb

Honored Contributor

I think I've been in the one near me only once. I have to really be in the mood to go into places like that. It seems always crowded though.

Occasional Contributor

I live in Washington State and our Rack is awesome. I buy all my designer jeans (Hudson, Paige, Seven) usually for all for under $80.00. I love it! Also great shoes and handbags!
Trusted Contributor

Again, when you visit any kind of outlet or clearance store, you don't go expecting a full range of merchandise all the time! You go to survey what has come in at the moment in the way of clearance merchandise the store is siphoning off, and it is very much hit or miss, with the possibility of "striking gold" if you find a great item at a great price in your size. You have to be the kind of person who enjoys treasure-hunting and is on the lookout for the unexpected bargain. I live for that kind of shopping and enjoy the Rack once in a while. I like thrift stores even better. If you want a fully-stocked store with all categories of merchandise in all sizes and colors all the time, this isn't for you.