Super Contributor

Re: No more coloring. Going natural

I grew mine before covid lockdowns and had it into a pixie so it was really quick.  My stylist at the time told me I would hate it.  I have a different stylist now who really knows how to cut a Pixie, but am almost done growing back into a bob.  I'm not nearly as gray or white as i thought I would be.....to each their own!

Respected Contributor

@fairydogmother You made me laugh. You are an honest person & tells it like you see it. 

I once said that if the world suddenly went blind a lot of people would quit worrying about other people's "health" as a reason to criticize their weight.

I caught a lot of poo for that one!

Super Contributor

My grey hair feels so soft and it's wavy. I feel like a kid not to be tied to chemical hair dye. People I see going grey look so happy and beautiful.
Super Contributor

That's what I meant when I said hero. My gray hair is also shiny.
Super Contributor

So true. I automatically get a suggestion for senior discount day or senior ticket price. That's nice. People know how old you are generally.
Valued Contributor

At 76 still like my brown hair . Been cut and coloring myself lately , did have a stylist but at $70 every 6 weeks and days always like the res l started doing it myself .  l don't go anywhere except groceries and doctor , so who cares if it's not perfect , l sure don't !

Honored Contributor

NOPE!  I'm red till I'm dead!  You couldn't pay me to go natural.  I would look HIDEOUS & much older.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Regular Contributor

I have natural curly silver hair. I get complements on my hair a lot. Sometimes, people think I color it this color. I would never color again. But, I don't judge anyone who does color. Some women are just cruel and cranky naturally.
Super Contributor

I stopped about 5 years ago too.  I was kinda lucky cuz the grays came in pretty well.  Just remember:  You must then review your makeup shades and types.  The worst thing we do when we go gray is not update our makeup to allow for the grays and changes also that are happening to our skin tones, etc.  I think that is the biggest and most aging error..... it is NOT the gray hair alone -- 

Esteemed Contributor

If a lady's body looks old and her face looks old and she dresses old, no amount of hair color is going to make her appear young. Just fake.

I, for one, applaud any lady who has natural hair. You go, Girl!
* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt