Honored Contributor

I have some expensive things I wanted to consign and had barely gotten any ready when the virus hit.

With all of the low prices now and the stores hurridly trying to get out spring/summer clothes because fall is due to be coming in, I don't think my efforts will be rewarded.  Consignment will be clearing their floors at low prices as well.

Do any of you :take things in" or shop consignment?

Honored Contributor

Re: No Consignment This Year

@ECBG wrote:

I have some expensive things I wanted to consign and had barely gotten any ready when the virus hit.

With all of the low prices now and the stores hurridly trying to get out spring/summer clothes because fall is due to be coming in, I don't think my efforts will be rewarded.  Consignment will be clearing their floors at low prices as well.

i do Poshmark, there is business out there if you do it right and want to spend the time ( a lot of it) 

Valued Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Yes I do!  Your post is timely as our local consignment just emailed and said they're opening tomorrow!  I am anxious to shop and also anxious to consign again.  

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

i do Poshmark, there is business out there if you do it right and want to spend the time ( a lot of it) 

YouTuber, Dominique Sachse, recently devoted a video to selling on Poshmark; it was interesting and well explained.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

I have a barely used Ralph Lauren leather handbag that I was going to consign because I rarely carry it.  Like you, the pandemic hit before I could get there so it’s still in its bag in my closet. A few consignment stores have reopened here, but I might just keep it and try to carry it more often. 

Super Contributor

@ECBG  I have taken clothes and shoes to a local consignment shop. I found that my items either didn't sell and were donated or received very little money. I shop consignment often. When I was losing weight and changing sizes every few months I didn't want to spend alot on clothing. There is a local consignment shop called Style Encore that has very reasonable prices. They put things on clearance frequently. In West Texas, dressing rooms are closed and consignment items are usually no returns or store credit. I haven't shopped lately at Style Encore.

Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

@ECBG 

I have a barely used Ralph Lauren leather handbag that I was going to consign because I rarely carry it.  Like you, the pandemic hit before I could get there so it’s still in its bag in my closet. A few consignment stores have reopened here, but I might just keep it and try to carry it more often. 

@wilma I wouldn't carry the bag "just because" which may lower it's value.  Put it away safely and go for next year.Smiley Happy

I'm not taking in a VERY expensive pair of shoes I wore only once, (it wouldn't work with my foot), I'd end up with $10.00 with what's going on!