Honored Contributor

Re: No AM Style Chat 2/23/19

@twinny70 

Our DD applied and was accepted to Tx A&M, School of Chemistry.

After crying the whole first semester (Chemistry and Calculus got her) we suggested she switch to a program within the school of journalism.

Times had changed...you had to have a B average to switch schools!  Oh. But somehow she really applied herself and was admitted into the School of J for her 2nd year into a program deemed applicable to writing the chemical inserts for veterinary medicine. (lol)

She is a gregarious girl, and I must say that I had misgivings about Chemistry in the first place for her...she likes to talk (as well as write).

But I could not tell my child that she would fail before she attempted something she wanted!  Therefore, we allowed her to enter freshman year as a Chemistry major!

She has gone on to be very successful, as I am sure your grandson will do too!

And DD even earned her MBA while married and living in Shreveport, LA!

I wish you continuing great health and lots of fun in your daredevil life!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@twinny70 

After crying the whole first semester (Chemistry and Calculus got her) we suggested she switch to a program within the school of journalism.

Times had changed...you had to have a B average to switch schools!  Oh. But somehow she really applied herself and was admitted into the School of J for her 2nd year into a program deemed applicable to writing the chemical inserts for veterinary medicine. (lol)

She is a gregarious girl, and I must say that I had misgivings about Chemistry in the first place for her...she likes to talk (as well as write).

But I could not tell my child that she would fail before she attempted something she wanted!  Therefore, we allowed her to enter freshman year as a Chemistry major!

LTT, congrats to your DD. I just got a call from our local Clinic telling me that after my March 13th  infusion, our clinic pharmacy won't be able to get the Gama Gard, so I will have to go to the UW -Clinic in Madison for my infusions.  I  am waiting for the UW Clinic to call me back & schedule my May appointment.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70 

I am sorry about your meds, infusions are never fun, I am supposed to be having them monthly for immunity issues had 1 in November and had some bad stomach reactions. also my CVID might not be the cause of my tireness and bone pain, it might be from low feratin numbers caused by a lack of absorption due to long term use of Preacid. So its a waiting game for me these days

@twinny70 wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

@twinny70 

LTT, congrats to your DD. I just got a call from our local Clinic telling me that after my March 13th  infusion, our clinic pharmacy won't be able to get the Gama Gard, so I will have to go to the UW -Clinic in Madison for my infusions.  I  am waiting for the UW Clinic to call me back & schedule my May appointment.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@twinny70
Oh no!
I hope this doesn’t make an undue stress for you.💗

Sounds like the second location will not be as convenient.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~