Honored Contributor

Re: No AM Style Chat 2/23/19

@Snicks1   that's why I went with the 'tee' route for Zoe's communion outfit.  I figured under a jacket and accessoried with nice jewelry it would work.  Then I could also wear it more casually.  I'm learning, since retiring, that I need SO LITTLE.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono I will wear them with my 36 inch Kingman turquoise necklace I bought 10 years ago when Caryolyn Pollack an Jane Treacy had a show in Arizona. I loved that Amercian Collection! I wish they would do it again.

I am also planning on wearing them with my many pearl necklaces to update the pearls and add interest. They can be put on any chain. I have a sparkly French rope 14k gold white necklace I bought on a gold day from the Q that will also look good. With the enchancers there are lots of choices.

PS--I have the malachite turtle and the sodalite bird on my wish list! 

Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover   The sodalite bird enhancer is one of the most beautiful pieces of jewelry that I own.   Carolyn outdid herself on that one.  I wear it on a leather cord or silver omega.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

This has nothing to do with fashion or accessories.  I keep seeing commercials for nugenix or something like that.  It allegedly boosts a man's testosterone.  Maybe it's just me, I'm not sure jerking around your endocrine system is a good thing.  What say you?

Now, I take synthroid because my thyroid is failing.  I only agreed to that after I learned that if I left it untreated I could develop myxedema and start walking into walls in a stupor. Woman LOL

@Bird mama   ...

Funny you should mention this commercial ... that's Frank Thomas ... I think he went into the Hall of Fame as a White Sox, although he played for some other team after his time here.   

I was thinking when I saw it ... my, my ...  Frank must really be in desparate straits,  having to do such a commercial.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought this for my kitchen.  I have a thing for kitsch.

I think it'll be great for sunny summertime, plus there's red, white, and blue, too!

Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 08.40.38.png

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama, that is so true. I still have a lot in my closet that just doesn't get worn. I think I will be clearing more out this time around. I imagine that if one lives in a city, that there would be more reasons to 'dress up' more often, but where I live, everything is very casual. I will keep enough that I won't have to run out and buy, when that rare occasion comes along that I need something less casual, but it makes no sense to keep hanging on to all this stuff.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@SoX   I asked my endocrinologist about that human growth hormone product (can't remember the name) that is advertised for women.  She said it's fake.  I really don't trust my endocrinologist, lol, however I would be too scared to try it anyway.  Aging is process.  If my body is in it's time to make less growth hormone, so be it.  I don't want to restart it or aggravate anything that could go sideways.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia   I love a good tablecloth.  

Esteemed Contributor

Me, too, @Bird mama.  What a great way to change a look. 

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1 I'm coming up on my year anniversary of retiring and it's time for the 3rd post retirement assessment.  I have pencil skirts (gray, black and navy) that never go out of style as far as I'm concerned.  Once the ankle pant phase passes, and I wish it would hurry, I may pick up a couple of pair of dress slacks.  If I need the occasional blouse/top, okay.  Otherwise, I'm pretty much set for showers, funerals, religious observances.