Honored Contributor
Got a card in the mail that once again says Exclusively For Premier Members but you other customers may get your own announcement.

Dec 5-8. 50% off one regularly priced item and 40% off rest of purchase. Gift with $150 purchase while supplies last is a Mistletoe Moment scented candle. GWP is in-store only.

I would never buy anything full price at Ts. This 50% /40% off sale keeps continuing and T is still making quite a profit so you can just imagine what their markup is on the clothes. I'm loving these sales though!
Super Contributor

I'm a long time lurker on these boards and haven't posted for a while, so  long my username is gone!  I'm a Sales Manager at Talbots and thought I would let you all know that this event is for all cardholders as well as Classic Awards members. 

Respected Contributor
I have a return to make. I doubt I’ll leave the store empty handed.
Honored Contributor
@SugarPuff Then Talbots really needs to change its promos to make them truthful.
Super Contributor

Re: Next Talbots Deal

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee Honestly this promotion was EXTREMELY poorly written.  There was a lot of confusion surrounding this event.   As I'm sure you are aware the promotions are usually very concise and clear as to the rules.   I really don't think it was intentionally misleading. Smiley Happy

Edit :  The GWP candles are large multi wick and smell heavenly. 

Honored Contributor
@SugarPuff but it hasn't been just this one where my mail has stated the deal was "exclusive" to Premiers when it wasnt. So it isn't an error and is indeed intentional and misleading and untruthful. Not good.
Super Contributor

@Pearlee As I mentioned, I lurk.  I have read here many times about people getting deals that are supposed to be exclusive to either premier or cardholders.  Unfortunately some  individual stores or areas sometimes are honoring promos that are only for cardholders.   As a cardholder you should be getting special exclusive sales and coupons, early access to sales and double or triple points. 

Honored Contributor
@SugarPuff I am aware of what I'm entitled to as a Premier cardholder. That's not what this is about. It is about telling me --in writing in less -- that I'm getting some exclusive benefit as a Premier cardholder that it turns out is being given to all cardholders. T needs to omit the word exclusive in order to not be lying to me. Much more than once, hence it is intentional.
Honored Contributor

@SugarPuff wrote:

I'm a long time lurker on these boards and haven't posted for a while, so  long my username is gone!  I'm a Sales Manager at Talbots and thought I would let you all know that this event is for all cardholders as well as Classic Awards members. 

@SugarPuff, welcome back. And thanks for the info. I get the cards, and they do say that Classic Awards members are included. Of course, there are many promos in which we Classic Awards members are not eligible for a few days before the cardholders are. I personally don't buy enough to warrant the premium status, so I'm good. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Re: Next Talbots Deal

[ Edited ]

@SugarPuff , so sorry that you're getting chewed out for something that is beyond your control. Retail workers have my sympathies for getting blamed for corporate's signage.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson