Super Contributor

Re: New term from Gary today, in addition to "denim and coe".. "upsell" .

On 3/12/2014 kittymomNC said:

Everybody complains about the hosts talking too much, chit-chatting, going on about their families, etc. etc. and constantly scream, "just tell me about the product"!! Now we have a perfectly pleasant guy who not only knows about the products but helps design them, but now HE'S BORING, NO PERSONALITY! You just can't please some people no matter what you do - they're going to watch something they don't enjoy just so they can come on here and complain some more. As I've been told on here repeatedly, if you don't like it, change the channel!

I agree..I enjoy Gary and much prefer his presentations/information than the screechy

manic gab-fest one often hears now!

He is calm, informative and friendly which is what I enjoy (as opposed to carnival barking!) heh

Honored Contributor

I see nothing arrogant about this man--absolutely nothing.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

On 3/12/2014 ECBG said:
On 3/12/2014 pridequeen said:

OP, for someone who claims to buy these clothes, you seem to start a lot of negative posts which encourage others to not only be negative with you, but make some uncalled remarks.

This OP does nothing of the sort. She simply doesen't find him to be a beneficial addition. If you didn't want to read the post why click on it? You apparently don't know this OP!

Thanks, ECBG. This is why I hesitate to start fashion threads. I've been burned so many times by people who take the thread off into a ditch.

Honored Contributor

On 3/13/2014 house cat said:
On 3/12/2014 ECBG said:

OP, for someone who claims to buy these clothes, you seem to start a lot of negative posts which encourage others to not only be negative with you, but make some uncalled remarks.

This OP does nothing of the sort. She simply doesen't find him to be a beneficial addition. If you didn't want to read the post why click on it? You apparently don't know this OP!

Thanks, ECBG. This is why I hesitate to start fashion threads. I've been burned so many times by people who take the thread off into a ditch.

Ah...those that add light to our day!

Super Contributor

On 3/13/2014 ECBG said:
On 3/13/2014 house cat said:
On 3/12/2014 ECBG said:

Ah...those that add light to our day!

I apologize if what I said was not true. But even the seemingly innocent posts around here provide an opportunity for others to derail the bus, like bashing this man and calling him arrogant and rude. I know that's not why you started the post but it seems that anything negative in the slightest bit is the opportunity to attack.

Housecat, I must also admit that I was a bit miffed by your other thread on the TSV calling the colors juvenile and Crayola-like, which again other posters jumped on the word. I don't wear clothes bought on TV but bright summer colors are cheery and I would rather you had said they were not up your alley instead of calling them juvenile which does not sound complimentary for those who do like them.

In the end, I do apologize for calling you out on what was a pretty benign post that took an ugly turn.