Honored Contributor

Re: New store in town - Nordstrom Rack

I am a bargain shopper and I don't think NR is really a bargain shop, but they do have great prices on NYDJ if you like those and shoes are good.

There is a mall near me that has a Bloomies Outlet and Neimans off Price store, when they offer days with %ages off the Rack offers nothing additional. (Bergen Mall)

That is OK, but I don't really shop at Nordstrom either I find it rather staid at least the one near me.

Super Contributor

We have one near us & I have never found anything that I like or need! I think the prices are still high. We also have the Saks outlet, even though they closed the store. And I have never found a bargain there either! I still go to TJ Maxx because most of their items are a better bargain although I think since they remodeled the store the stock isn't as good!

Trusted Contributor

If you can find clearance items at Nordstrom Rack, you can get some amazing deals. I scored a 16 oz. philosophy Gingerbread Girl shower gel there recently for $3 and change. NR is definitely worth checking out.

Esteemed Contributor

I do shop at the Nordstrom Rack but want to point out that this is not really a outlet for unsold merchandise from The retail store. From what I can see a lot of it is items purchased in bulk specifically to sell at the Rack stores and is not the quality goods you get at a Nordstrom store so you have to shop carefully.
Honored Contributor

Our Rack is located in the basement of our regular Nordie's, very convenient. they just send all the markdowns right downstairs!!! Not sure but ours may be the only one set up like this.

Super Contributor

We have one here in Charlotte. I haven't had much luck there. In fact the inventory is pretty bad. I have a friend who goes and gets good deals. I guess I haven't hit it at the right time.
Super Contributor

On 4/10/2014 SusyQ22a said: We have one here in Charlotte. I haven't had much luck there. In fact the inventory is pretty bad. I have a friend who goes and gets good deals. I guess I haven't hit it at the right time.

Me too, a woman at work gets all kinds of things from there. The few times I have went, I found nothing. The one here is kind of sloppy, you really need to have the time and patience to weed through the returns and the rejects to find something. I used to love it when we had a DIllards Clearence Center here. Talk about a great selection and great prices (all first rate condition also, no tears or stained returns)

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/10/2014 Vamp said:
On 4/9/2014 TY said:

I love the Nordstrom Rack stores. Hopefully when Nordstrom opens in Vancouver, BC (probably won't be for at least another year or so) they will also consider bringing a Nordstrom Rack to the lower mainland area as the closest one in the U.S. is near Alderwood Mall north of Seattle. They should put one in the Seattle Premium Outlet mall in Marysville, WA too.

I haven't been there in decades, but the Nordstrom Rack near Sea-Tac is the biggest one I have ever been in--tons of great stuff!

I used to shop at the one in downtown Portland, OR all the time; like any outlet store, it can be hit or miss. There are a couple of Racks in the metro area where I now live, but both are about 30 minutes away so I don't go often.

Yes, I've been to the Nordstrom Rack at the Auburn Supermall as my relatives are in Tacoma but I haven't been there in nearly 2 years. The Alderwood store north of Seattle is closer to I-5 too. Hopefully Canada will get a Nordstrom Rack as there isn't one in Bellingham.