Honored Contributor

Re: New Look: lopped off 4+ inches of hair! Have you ever just gone for it?

[ Edited ]

I've had short hair for as long as I can remember except maybe in HS and most of college. In the profession I was in, it was easier to manage being shorter.

I saw this article the other day and it shows an easy way to determine if you should keep your hair long or cut it.

http://www.instyle.com/news/can-you-pull-short-hair-simple-trick-will-tell-you

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I did. I had waist length hair forever & started cutting off a few inches at a time until I had it mid back. Finally got up the courage & cut it shoulder length. Why I did not do this sooner is beyond me. So much easier to take care of. Since my hair was so long & weighed down it was straight. Now since it's shorter I do have some wave & curls at the ends.

Honored Contributor

I cut my hair extremely short about 5 years ago.  I now have a wash and wear hairdo with just a little help from product.  I have my hair trimmed every three weeks.  Love it. 

Respected Contributor

I had below the shoulder hair for many years.I always wanted a pixi but I was very large and my face was really round.I had a weight loss surgery and once the weight was gone I went full pixie and never looked back.  I change the pixie up though. Two weeks ago I got an undercut pixie like Miley Cyrus. It's very cute and so easy to style with some Layrite pommade and fingers.  

Honored Contributor

JustJazzmom: Thanks for the link. I just read it, and it confirmed what I already knew-- I wouldn't look good in short hair.

i know someone who had very long hair, and she cut it to shoulder-length, to donate it to Locks of Love. They make wigs for children-- a nice thought.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

I have gone from super long to super short several times, just like to shake things up. When I went short a year ago, I asked for a rocker chic cut and just loved it, think short shag. The best compliment came from a 23 year old fellow yogi who told me my new style was s e * y as heck. Yeah!
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Trusted Contributor

NO. I LOVE long hair - it's more versatile, IMO. Mine is mid-back length, very thick, and very healthy.

Respected Contributor

I love getting my hair cut and washed. The 10 minute shampoo and massage at the salon where I go is fantastic!!! Ahhh.... It completely justifies the price of the cut. Have been wearing my hair shorter; inverted bob. It does require me to blow dry my hair (when I want it to look nice) and requires time that I really don't have. Looks nice though.

I have donated my hair several times to Locks For Love. My hair has been all lengths. For now, I prefer it shorter.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm liking the Kelly Ripa look right now.  Thinking of changing my style from shoulder length to Kelly's length.  Easy to slightly curl and tousle it.  Hey, is there a spell check here?  Not sure about the spelling of tousle.  Sounds funny, looking at it.  YES, it's 'tousle'.  I was correct, after all. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

I cut off 3 inches 4 months ago.  It now sits just above my shoulders.  My thick and curly hair had a fun and youthful look when longer, now it looks more 'sophisticated' for lack of a better term.  I like it both ways but will probably keep it shorter for a while.