Esteemed Contributor

Re: Negative reviews not posted but positive get posted in a nano second-feedback/advice please

On 4/5/2014 BonnieBelle said:

I haven't had a problem, I've had all my reviews, both positive and negative, posted.

Me too. I've never written a review that hasn't been posted, and I see negative reviews written by other people all the time.

Personally, I wouldn't let myself get too crazy over this even if my reviews were not being posted. Kiss

Respected Contributor

Re: Negative reviews not posted but positive get posted in a nano second-feedback/advice please

All of my reviews have been posted - good reviews and the reviews that were less flattering. I always follow the guidelines though.

Super Contributor

I posted a one star review recently and it did take several days to go live, while a five star review appeared on the site in less than 24 hours.

I had a negative review rejected by Amazon once; they said my issue should be taken up with the third party vendor and not mentioned in feedback. At least they gave me a reason, even if I didn't like the reason.

Honored Contributor

Maybe they take extra time to post negative reviews because they check to be sure you actually bought the item. I don't know, it's just a theory.

Super Contributor

Sorry, but I have to mention that if a product arrives defective, that does go to the product itself and the vendor's quality control. That should be included in a review even if CS is contacted. If there is a consistent quality control issue, many buyers don't want to deal with the hassel and shouldn't have to.

Super Contributor

I think it the negative review is reasonable it gets posted. Several years ago I had a negative review of a Dell computer that didn't get posted, but I got an email telling me it didn't follow the guidelines. I was pretty furious, and my review wasn't reasonable. My experience is actually far worse here where one can get attacked for making critical comments, by a very few members. That kind of bullying is not appropriate on a forum such as this where we are supposed to be able to express our opinions freely. He who has ears, let him hear.
Honored Contributor

On 4/5/2014 culebra said:

All of my reviews have been posted - good reviews and the reviews that were less flattering. I always follow the guidelines though.

All mine have appeared so you might want to make sure you follow their guidelines. I wish they would fix the spelling and grammar in some of the ones they allow to go through.

Honored Contributor

Recently posted a two star review and it appeared within the same time frame as my numerous positive reviews. The combination of guidelines and objectivity works every time!