Respected Contributor

Need help buying clothes for ill friend: which lines run the smallest?

A close friend of mine was dx with terminal cancer. She is losing weight quickly but was told she might have as long as a year to live. I want to buy her some nice clothes but I cannot do brick and mortar shopping due to illness of my own.

Which lines of clothes on the Q run smallest. I'd like to buy her a nice outfit for church for Easter. I suspect she'll be a 2 by then. Nothing she has in her closet will fit her by then. She is petite.

Respected Contributor

Re: Need help buying clothes for ill friend: which lines run the smallest?

I really need help with this?

Honored Contributor

Check Liz Claiborne

Respected Contributor

Thank you! She has terminal cancer and has been given a year to live. No family nearby. When I was sick she took care of me; we never thought the tables would be turned.

Honored Contributor

Bob Mackie has small sizes too.

Both are very nice fashion lines.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

(((lavendar))) I'm so sorry about your friend. My heart goes out to you both. I'm not sure what to tell you about small sizes. I'm in between a 4 and 6 in B&M stores, but here I am definitely an XS. I'm thinking your friend would be an xxs in claiborne, mizrahi, graver. I can't wear quacker period, it is not cut for my smaller hip/behind proportion. At size 2, it is not going to be easy. Can you get her measurements? Then you can check the actual garment size link in the product description. Says something like click here. Maybe try to stick with elasticized waistbands and looser pants. You probably have some more wiggle room with tops.

Honored Contributor

I know Q offers XXsmall and Xsmall, but I've never heard of any small lines, only those which ran larger. I'm so sorry about your friend.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for your help. I'm going to take some of the clothes she's wearing now and measure the garments. I was thinking of leggings and some tunic tops, something that can span a couple sizes. She insists on paying, so I want to keep the price down. I figured an xxsmall woud be the way to go. Ironically, I never weighed over 100 lbs until I hit twenty five. There was very little then. But I got great nightgowns in the Teen department and bought gloves in the children's department.

Esteemed Contributor

Even QVC has some xx-small sizes in many of their clothing brands now.

Not applicable