Trusted Contributor

Re: Need Advice on Brand of Jeans to Purchase

I wear NYJD. Ask the girls at Nordies to recommend jeans for you. I never tried Kut from the Kloth shorts until a Nordies salesperson recommended them. Fit was dead on. I can't wear Chico's because I am long waisted. They sit too low to suit me. Nordies will hem for free if you have a type of Nordies credit card. Good luck!
Honored Contributor

I like Hot in Hollywood, HSN, 7 for all Mankind-Macy's, etc. and INC (Macys)

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Did you try Dream Jeannes from Quacker Factory? I understand they give a little while still looking like jeans.

Honored Contributor

I have recently tried and really like the jeans from the Gap.

I get their curvy jeans (ankle length). I am 5'4", they fit perfectly and with all the discounts and coupons, they are very affordable.

I just got the Iman straight jeans in color. It was a special value a few weeks ago. They are fantastic if you have a defined waist. My waist is 12 inches smaller than my hips.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone,

I can't thank you all enough for your advice, brand names and preferences, along with reasons why they're good for you. My list grows longer, but I want you to know that I'm going to check everything out and try on as many as I can, since I've been wearing the same brand since the late 80s or ealy 90s, which is a very long time.

~R

Super Contributor

I have to wear now NOT YOUR DAUGHTERS JEANS........since I was 96 pounds and now 133........nothing fits.......when I was between 95-108 I could wear Christopher Blue Jeans but not now........also on me the NOT YOUR DAUGHERS JEANS DOES NOT GIVE MUCH but it does for some women...they say to go down a size but you will just have to try them on and you can get some on sale but they are usually $110 or $120...........they are made in the USA and made very good.

Super Contributor

I think the price is so expensive with NYDJ but with all other jeans that used to fit me they had to hemmed and taken up in the waist so I was out about $35 to $40 so really the NJDJ are best for me now.

Super Contributor

On 4/19/2014 sfnative said:
On 4/19/2014 lolakimono said:

A lot of people like Not Your Daughter's Jeans and Coldwater Creek jeans. Have you tried either of these on?

Earlier this week or last, I saw that CWC is going out of business, so I'm going to check out their sales. Also, I have heard really good things about NYDJ and think that my Nordstrom might carry them (?). And, no, I have not tried either of them on, but with some direction supplied here, know where and what I should be looking for. Thanks so much!

I really like CWC jeans but have to try them on in the store. Their sizing is all over & I've tried on the same jeans in the same size in two different colors and they fit differently. The sales associate told me a lot of people say the same thing. I wouldn't order them on-line.

I do hope to pick up a pair or two before they go out of business. I will miss them because I've gotten some really nice things from them.

Respected Contributor

Jones Lexington straight leg, they have a short length too.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/19/2014 Riverside said:
On 4/19/2014 sfnative said:
On 4/19/2014 lolakimono said:

A lot of people like Not Your Daughter's Jeans and Coldwater Creek jeans. Have you tried either of these on?

Earlier this week or last, I saw that CWC is going out of business, so I'm going to check out their sales. Also, I have heard really good things about NYDJ and think that my Nordstrom might carry them (?). And, no, I have not tried either of them on, but with some direction supplied here, know where and what I should be looking for. Thanks so much!

I really like CWC jeans but have to try them on in the store. Their sizing is all over & I've tried on the same jeans in the same size in two different colors and they fit differently. The sales associate told me a lot of people say the same thing. I wouldn't order them on-line.

I do hope to pick up a pair or two before they go out of business. I will miss them because I've gotten some really nice things from them.

When I was working corporate, I purchased a ton of clothing from them. I think everyone in the executive suite did, because we all talked CWC everytime a new catalog arrived or someone wore something new and wonderful to work.

It's too bad about the sizing. I think that has to do with quality control in far away places.