New Contributor

NEED TO SHOW TRUE PLUS SIZE MODEL.....PLEASE

I truly enjoy my QVC clothes but would LOVE to see more TRUE Plus Size Models (2X & 3X Ladies)! .  Show me a model that has "heavier" arms; lets see the lady that has some "rolls" in the tummy area!  I ask this because I am a lady of that statue!  I want to see what the clothes look like on a model that some of these issues.  Only because some cap sleeves are not as appealing on us ladies that have some issues with having "heavier" arms.  Or the cute dress that a size 4 or 8 model may not be as cute on us larger size ladies. 

The "plus" size models you do have are still in my eyes are not "plus" size in my eyes.  A size 12 or 14 or even and 18 model is not a TRUE plus size for us larger ladies that wear 2 & 3 X's.

Honored Contributor

Re: NEED TO SHOW TRUE PLUS SIZE MODEL.....PLEASE

@softballmomof2 wrote:

I truly enjoy my QVC clothes but would LOVE to see more TRUE Plus Size Models (2X & 3X Ladies)! .  Show me a model that has "heavier" arms; lets see the lady that has some "rolls" in the tummy area!  I ask this because I am a lady of that statue!  I want to see what the clothes look like on a model that some of these issues.  Only because some cap sleeves are not as appealing on us ladies that have some issues with having "heavier" arms.  Or the cute dress that a size 4 or 8 model may not be as cute on us larger size ladies. 

The "plus" size models you do have are still in my eyes are not "plus" size in my eyes.  A size 12 or 14 or even and 18 model is not a TRUE plus size for us larger ladies that wear 2 & 3 X's.

Unfortunately, in the modeling world, a plus size model is usually 6-12. Add to that the fact that QVC's vanity sizing is about 1 size off from the department stores (The measurements of a QVC 2X are usually the measurements of a 3X in other stores) and that makes it very difficult for QVC to find an agency who employs a mode lwho wears a QVC 2X.

I agree and would love to see a real 2X model up there, but the number of working models that size is very small.

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@softballmomof2 wrote:

Unfortunately, in the modeling world, a plus size model is usually 6-12. Add to that the fact that QVC's vanity sizing is about 1 size off from the department stores (The measurements of a QVC 2X are usually the measurements of a 3X in other stores) and that makes it very difficult for QVC to find an agency who employs a mode lwho wears a QVC 2X.

I agree and would love to see a real 2X model up there, but the number of working models that size is very small.

@ChynnaBlue actually there are a lot of plus size models out there.  I have a friend who is one and primarily does department store special events.  Lots of competition.  There is a big demand now since there are more & more clothing lines (albeit, lesser known brand names) devoted only to plus size clothes. 

Somehow it seems easier to show many plus size models if plus sizes are all you carry.  It's like the industry in still unsure how to incorporate plus sizes with all other sizes.  Then there would be no need to even label it "plus size," it would be all sizing along the range for every woman.

Honored Contributor

@softballmomof2

The largest model I've seen, on a shopping channel, is Ashley on evine.

Don't know what they're planning when she leaves but she is extremely popular amongst the viewers!

Respected Contributor

@softballmomof2 We've been asking QVC for this for YEARS...they don't care! I'd love to see a 1X/2X pear-shaped model, myself---the rare plus-size models I've seen on the Q are all apple-shaped, and most have long, relatively slim legs.

I am 5'6" tall, generally a 1X here, but I am very pear-shaped with large hips and SHORT, fat legs...it'd be sooooo nice to see someone who looks like me modeling the clothes. Shoot, if QVC wants to fly me there, I'll do it for them! Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@softballmomof2 wrote:

@ChynnaBlue actually there are a lot of plus size models out there.  I have a friend who is one and primarily does department store special events.  Lots of competition.  There is a big demand now since there are more & more clothing lines (albeit, lesser known brand names) devoted only to plus size clothes. 

Somehow it seems easier to show many plus size models if plus sizes are all you carry.  It's like the industry in still unsure how to incorporate plus sizes with all other sizes.  Then there would be no need to even label it "plus size," it would be all sizing along the range for every woman.

That's very true. Torrid and Gwynnie Bee have some great models.

Honored Contributor

@vermint

One need not be plus sized to have hips but apparently the Q's model contract contains a 'no hips' clause!

Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@softballmomof2,       You need to select Customer Service on the Q's website and send an email.  That will get more exposure and hopefully sent to the right dept. for review.  This forum will not help unless you have your message in the Suggestion Box category.    Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@softballmomof2 wrote:

@softballmomof2

Don't understand your insistance that an 18 or 1x is not a "TRUE" plus size  ....  of course it is!    

If you're a 2X and are looking at a 1X model wearing an outfit, you should be able to grasp how it looks on a 2X.     It's actually more important to see someone with the same body type .... apple, pear, or Sponge Bob Square Pants, lol.       

Manufacturers do vary,  but "true" plus size ranges from 16 to 5X.  JMO

Esteemed Contributor

@softballmomof2 wrote:

OF course a 1X is a true Plus size.  THis is like saying that a small misses size is not a "true" misses size.