Honored Contributor

My New Talbots Valentine Purchases

[ Edited ]

I went a little crazy at Talbots yesterday evening. In addition to some more clearance items that I bought at the 50% plus 5% for using T's card (I had bought other clearance at the 50% off plus the 10% addition using the T's card)  I bought two new Valentine items using the 40% off two regularly priced items including new arrivals, the 5% for using the T's card and I had another discount to use on top of those.   Anyway....I just looked on the site to post photos of what I bought and the pieces are too new - they aren't on the site yet. 

One is a blue striped blouse with little embroidered red hearts all over it and one is a red 3/4 sleeve sweater with LOVE on the front in the little plastic disc embellishments (paillettes technically) in various colors that T has been using lately to embellish.   I love both items -  oh, so cheerful - and IMO they can be used any time of the year, not just for Valentine's Day although they are esp. cute for that.  On display the blouse was paired underneath the sweater and it was so cute.  

I also had tried on a black cardigan open front sweater with a large pink heart on the back outlined in white but I didn't like that on me.

I don't usually buy things at 40% off - I wait til they go on clearance with an additional percentage off, but I had the extra off for using the T card and another percentage off so I took the plunge, even though I realize that after V-day these items will be on clearance.  The manager told me they'd just put these new items out yesterday and she thought the red LOVE sweater would go really fast (I agreed).  

I will keep checking the site to see if the photos go up so I can post them.

Honored Contributor

Re: My New Talbots Valentine Purchases

@PearleeTalbots is going to open a new storefront the the big mall near me -  hopefully before I head north for the summer so I can take a look.  I won't buy anything Talbot online because in the past I rarely could find anything that fit me well, but I'm a whole different size at this point, so maybe???

By the way -  they used to have a huge store in this mall and closed it several years back.  This time they're trying a smaller presence -  which makes lots of sense given what's going on in retailing now.  I wish them success -  there's not a whole lot in the mall that I buy - lots way too expensive and lots on the other end that's more youth-oriented.

Honored Contributor

Cute @Pearlee . I would love the tiny heart top. I got the grey top with white hearts on it for 45% off ,and the black and vanilla wool checked pants for 55% off ,plus a $5  off ,for buying a sale priced pant

Honored Contributor

I just ordered a pair of corduroy pants from Talbots that were on sale and a cable knit sweater that was new that I had a discount for.  I really need the corduroy pants and had been looking at the sweater since it was posted.  The pants weren't in stock at either of our Talbots, so I ordered them.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I can't believe my two new Valentine items still aren't up on T's website!   I wanna post photos!  Waaaah!   They are so cute, too!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

I can't believe my two new Valentine items still aren't up on T's website!   I wanna post photos!  Waaaah!   They are so cute, too!

@Pearlee, can you take a pic of it and post?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee, can you take a pic of it and post?

@suzyQ3  Well yes but (1) my pics wouldn't be nearly as good as T's professional ones and (2) I'm too lazy.  Smiley Happy  I'm sure since they are already in stores that T will have them on the site soon.  I expected them to be up by now.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Many thanks to @jonbon  who, on another thread, alerted me that T's updated its New Arrival photos.  Here are my two new purchases.  The Love sweater photo doesn't do it justice because there are different colored paillettes spelling out the Love word and so it's very three-dimensional and so much prettier and eye-catching in person.  The photo doesn't do the blouse justice because it's hard to see the little red embroidered hearts in the photo.

Again, at T's the display mannequin had the blouse worn under the sweater - it was adorable!  And again, I think each of these items can be worn at times other than just Valentine's Day.

ProductOverlay2.jpg

181075218_1069.jpg

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  I saw your update on another thread.  Did you end up going to Talbots today too?

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@gidgetgh  I saw your update on another thread.  Did you end up going to Talbots today too?

@Pearlee- no, unfortunately. We went out to run a few brief errands and then my car did something weird so we drove straight to the dealership and when we left there it was straight to my husband’s appointment. 

Talbots and J Jill are on my schedule for either tomorrow or Saturday. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?