Honored Contributor

Re: Most Difficult Season For You To Make Outfits?

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

I love fall colors and luckily they love me.  I also love fall/winter fabrics and styles more than spring/summer.  Usually summer clothing seems to be made to wear for onr season and then throw out (though I don't).  It just seems so flimsy.  And I remember when fall brought in wonderful, durable wools and thicker fabrics.  I don't see that so much anymore though.  Sigh.  Also, I love boots, although I can rarely fit into them, and sweaters.  

@Icegoddess   Climate change, too warm for durable wools and thicker fabrics even during most days even in the dead of winter.  I've got sweaters several years old that I've never worn. 

@Kachina624 I live in The South and I would still wear woolens and sweaters all winter.  It still gets just as cold here as ever and I'm quite cold natured.  Some winters are colder than others.  We had a wetter and cooler summer than normal this year.  I think so far we have gotten 11" over average this year, but just a few years ago we went almost the entire sommer without rain.  It was like June hit and no rain again until September. I was sooo glad we had a sprinkler system, although I still had to manually water areas the system doesn't cover. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't make outfits. Jeans, pants, tee and a long sleeved tee and sneakers are my everyday. I love winter clothes because I get sick of shorts from April to October. 

Honored Contributor

I am familiar with all those outdated books (published in 1980) such as "Color Me Beautiful" with all the swatches commanding women that they can't wear this or that. In actuality 99% of women can wear any color that appeals to them. It is dependent upon the saturation and hue. Way Bandy (makeup artist) told me that in the early 80's. In fact Ralph Lauren has always dressed his models in Fall colors and plenty of them are Winters.

It really is a shame that women believe these theories to the point of editing their wardrobe because of some arbitrary rules set up like the Commandments of Fashion.

I wear what I like and I have yet to meet a woman that can't break the rules and look fashionable and beautiful. No one is saying to wear a brown shirt if you think it makes you look sallow. Just find a shade of Fall colors that do flatter you and remember fashion is supposed to be fun. Adjust your makeup if need be but to stop wearing Fall colors because of some rules set forth in 1980? Not on your life...😳

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am a "winter"and don't wear warm fall colors either.

I see no reason to wear warm colors in the fall.    It's not a big deal and I don't need to decorate my body like my front door or porch.

There are so many other colors to pick from.  I wear my favorite " winter" colors all year around,

Honored Contributor

I don't have a problem with any season but I love fall clothes.  That is when I always do the most damage to my credit card.  In fact ordered puffer coat today from J. Crew that is olive green with a bright pink lining.  Hope I like it when I get it.  

Respected Contributor

Fall is my favorite season because of the beautiful Fall colors and I don't have to wear a coat and can use my long cardigan sweaters.

Also love dressing for Spring because I love the cheerful spring colors and can wear my lighter weight jackets and can start wearing some of my crops.

Summer dressing is fun beause I love bright colorful clothes and crops and capris

Winter is fine with me because I can wear my cords and sweaters.

I don't have a problem with being winter, or fall, etc. color and I love clothes obviously.  The only thing that bores me to wear is black and white and jeans.

Trusted Contributor

Spring, summer and fall. 

In Florida, I only think about fun outfits from December - March when it's coolish 

Honored Contributor

None reallly

right now it's lack of activities to wear new clothes to

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Fall is my favorite season for clothing but I don't wear many of the colors that make you think "fall."  They just don't work on me.  I don't think dressing for fall means you have to  wear fall colors.  It's more about texture, fabric, and accessorizing.

Puce, when it leans toward the purple-ish tones, is one fall color I love and works with my skin and hair color.

Honored Contributor

I dress seasonally using different fabrics and textures and weights of clothing.  I don't dress by matching the "color" of the season.  I don't wear pastels because it's spring or red and green because it's winter.