Super Contributor

Re: Models tugging on the tops

Most of the models ( some larger size) wear a size smaller and need to size up especially in tops and jackets. Tops look too small or tight and I noticed the blazers would not close on them. 

I don't think the person (Mfg.)  bringing their clothing appreciates this..  A few have mentioned that the models are wearing the wrong size and this makes the wrong presentation of their clothing... 

So, if the customer is trying to judge on any of the models or hosts for sizing, this makes it difficult because they are not in the right size. 

Also, something that REALLY bothers me when a top or blouse is being presented WHY do they TUCK the front in their pants.....

I want to see how the whole top looks especially the hemline and length on the hosts and models... Please STOP doing this!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I think a part of the tucking / tugging is due to the fabrics being so tissue paper thin.

Not enough substance for them to stay in place.  They "ride up" with every movement.

Trusted Contributor

Not only tugging at the top,please wear the right size.There is one model who has been there a long time(years) who continues to wear the wrong size.Therefore 

,everytime she models she does not look good, she needs to up a size,would look better.

Honored Contributor

@dancing 522queen wrote:

Most of the models ( some larger size) wear a size smaller and need to size up especially in tops and jackets. Tops look too small or tight and I noticed the blazers would not close on them. 

I don't think the person (Mfg.)  bringing their clothing appreciates this..  A few have mentioned that the models are wearing the wrong size and this makes the wrong presentation of their clothing... 

So, if the customer is trying to judge on any of the models or hosts for sizing, this makes it difficult because they are not in the right size. 

Also, something that REALLY bothers me when a top or blouse is being presented WHY do they TUCK the front in their pants.....

I want to see how the whole top looks especially the hemline and length on the hosts and models... Please STOP doing this!!!!!

Because @dancing 522queen 

the half tuck look is SUPER on trend right now.  I see it everywhere on all ages!

But I agree!  I want to see the full item!!!  I don't need help styling my clothes!

Just really need to see the whole garment, front and back!

The length of the top is VERY important to me and having the front missing is a NO sale for me.

Esteemed Contributor

The problem is QVC sytlists.  Everyone (hosts and models) gets put in fitted clothing, that just fits.

On HSN, they are poured into pants and then spend the entire segment pulling at the fabric to show how stretchy it is.

Last night on QVC2, Julia was showing a Isaac long cardigan and she said the sample was too small.  Like a trooper she put it on.  This prompted Jackie to say, to size up with this cardigan.  That is important information for someone considering making a purchase.

Lo and behold when the model came out, she was in a cardigan which barely fit. 

Contributor

I know who you are talking about before I I even read them. It is annoying and I have been going to write this myself.

Respected Contributor

I didn't realize this is an old thread and nothing has changed to date! Cat LOL