Occasional Contributor

I'm watching today's TSV and although I appreciate the hosts telling us the models sizes, all but one are XXS. They are different heights, but all small. I am a size large and appreciate when I see Jackie modeling clothes. When is QVC going to have size mediums, extra larges, 1X or higher? It would also help if measurements were given because women are different measurements in any given size.

Esteemed Contributor

People can be different heights and body types yet wear the same size in off the rack clothing. As it is only the new petite model and Deanna, and host Sharon were in XXS. Models Ann and Angela, and host Nancy stated they were wearing XS. Jackie of course was in her usual size Large.

Super Contributor

This whole size issue is a real peeve of mine on many levels. I've posted on another thread that both (some) hosts and models wear blazers and jackets (not outerwear) many sizes too small for them. Specifically, they wear them unbuttoned, and the space between the the front plackets are sometimes an entire 12 inches! It would be impossible for them to ever actually button/zip the garment.

Last night on Isaac, the midnight show, one model came out like this, and it was laughable. Do they only stock tiny sizes on the show racks for the models? Is it purposely worn this way to show the shirt underneath? Do they feel this appears teasingly better, smaller, so that we will order? It's all wrong. Representation should be as accurate as possible.

The problem with all of this is that when we get the garment home, the silhouette is far different in reality. We order so that our jacket will be able to really zip or button.

This nonsense XXS business--when did this happen in the industry except on the Q? Shawn says that her size is XXS (and Isaac often tells her it should be XS). Shawn has a lovely figure, but an XXS? In the real world, she would be an M. Does the Q do this so that we feel better about our own size? Isn't XXS a size 0 in the real world? Why do I have to do conversion math? And then I get the garment and it still isn't what the chart says it is.

I realize that there are more important things in the world than to lament about sizing, but this is a shopping network, we are trying to figure it all out as we hand over our hard earned cash. Whats more, with return shipping charges, I would like to see a more consistent sizing and representation on the models.

And don't even get me started on the 'larger' sized models who are gorgeous, and are really closer to the average women. Fit them properly, and stop squeezing them into the wrong size.

Ah well, thanks for listening.

Super Contributor

I have never understood why they have 3 or 4 models out there and they are all wearing xxs or xs.

IMO, every model out there should be in a different size.

Esteemed Contributor

I've got to agree with you AmazingGrace2. The measurements of the garment should be given to the customer without us having to search them out. Not everyone is watching QVC with a computer device at the ready to check these things out.

I'll tell you this I do wear that 00 size elsewhere, and many clothes from QVC in this size are usually cut too full for me. Sometimes this doesn't impact wearing the item if the item is well tailored (like Louis Del Olio's pieces, or close fitting like Women With Control pants). For a piece such as the TSV dress, I would have to wear it belted all the time to keep it from looking like a sack.

Honored Contributor

I hear ya-- when I buy a jacket its with the idea of being able to zip it or button it closed so that there is no pulling on the zipper (zig zag line seen) or the button holes-- those puckers are not because of ruching!!

Put the models in jackets that can close and instead of having camera shots from across the room-- do a few closeups and have the model turn around or sideways so we can see the entire jacket!!It would be fantastic if you have a model coming out with jacket buttoned/zipped up and then let her unbutton or unzip it during the presentation! What a concept!!

I believe the Q intentionally does this but they would get more sales if these suggestions were followed. No one wants to return something that doesn't fit but the way the clothes are shown on TV we have to think twice and then think twice again before ordering anything now.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor
On 3/20/2015 Trix said:

I've got to agree with you AmazingGrace2. The measurements of the garment should be given to the customer without us having to search them out. Not everyone is watching QVC with a computer device at the ready to check these things out.

I'll tell you this I do wear that 00 size elsewhere, and many clothes from QVC in this size are usually cut too full for me. Sometimes this doesn't impact wearing the item if the item is well tailored (like Louis Del Olio's pieces, or close fitting like Women With Control pants). For a piece such as the TSV dress, I would have to wear it belted all the time to keep it from looking like a sack.

You bring up a great point, Trix. The entire sizing for women's clothing in the garment industry has gone off the deep end with sometimes huge discrepancies from one designer to another. I do purchase from Talbot's and have found them more in line with the old days of sizing.

Can you imagine if men's suits/pants were this unregulated?

Respected Contributor
Really wish we could have a selection of sizes - not always xs s etc. why bring out models all the same size. Also when clothes are sold in numerical sizes please hosts tell us the sizes being worn by models 10' 12' etc just to give us an idea if how sizing runs. Sizing always seem to vary so this is important for us to know.
Respected Contributor
On 3/20/2015 donovan said:

I have never understood why they have 3 or 4 models out there and they are all wearing xxs or xs.

IMO, every model out there should be in a different size.

< I realize that there are more important things in the world than to lament about sizing, but this is a shopping network, we are trying to figure it all out as we hand over our hard earned cash.>

ITA. & spending our "hard earned cash" is important . Who wants to spend $s on excess S&H?

Honored Contributor

I wear a size med in QVC sizing or a size 12 and it works for me. I feel that the Q is not being honest when they put the models in clothes too small for them. I read somewhere on the forum that when the garment sizing is not flashed on the screen, it's a lazy producer. I also appreciate the petite models because even though I don't wear xxs, I'm 5ft 3 and can get an idea if the garment will be too long for me.