Regular Contributor

Re: Model Colleen making faces

I agree about her making faces ...I do find it silly and distracting..but at least they don't keep her on for long at a time..

Contributor

@blackhole99 No, you cannot rely on anything anyone says in sales if you want my honest opinion.   But the way people (models in this case) respond to questions, move, and their actions are telling.  For instance; the way they answer the question when a designer or a host wants to know if they like it.  In an office setting when someones boss asks them a question and they don't agree with the boss but go along with it because they want to keep their job.  You can tell when they are saying " sure yup love it, best ever" but their tone and a slowness to answer tells us otherwise.  Also, if you watch the way they sometimes act in the clothes (holding somehing very tightly down with their arms super close to their body) if thy are wearing a sleeveless tank or dress - tells me the armholes are probably way to big (same with the stills). Same thing when you can so tell that the rise is very very wrong on a pair of  pants and they try to cover it up.

A perfect example is then newest skinny tees (reversible) worst rating ever overall for this product line.

If you look at the latest batch of skinny tees that do not fit at all properly - take a look at the girls on the presentation - they are supposed to be selling a skinny tee but, they are covered with a cocoon wrap sweater deal, obviously we are not supposed to see the fit.  If you look at the stills the blonde model has her arms so tight to her sides to cover up the armhole gap but you catch it in another shot, you never see a front shot and the back shot is pulled in such a way that you can barely tell there is too much fabric even for that blonde model that is fairly tall.  No front shot- my guess is that the top is pulled down to the point that her bra is exposed, which is what I expereinced when I received my shipment.  Pull down the back to fix the slack in the shoulders and your scoop is past your bra strap.  Pull down the front and you cannot go out in public. In that particular product - they changed the fabric blend (I compared the material tag to my last shipment pre-V neck) and tried to divert our attention from the poor fit and quality by saying "hey we made what you guys asked for" - wrong - you cut corners and you are trying to cover up your mess with deceptive stills and covering up the top in the presentation.    In the still of the brunette, they have her reaching so you cannot tell how much slack there is in the straps.  

So whether the words that come out of their mouths are sincere or not, how they say  it is just as telling  as how much they pull on it and whether or not they stand there like "I cannot wait to get this thing off me".  So, nope I don't mind them talking - they are constantly communicating inforation to us the whole time they are on screen.  

Honored Contributor

@JumperRider I guess I don't pay enough attention to the models unless they are petite because that's what I buy. I just figure when they pull on the clothes or don't work the clothes like they should, the clothes do not fit or they are not doing their job. I guess I'm old school and used to the models not interacting with the host or vendor. Again, because I'm small I don't relate to some one 5ft8 or even taller modeling clothes that won't work for me so naturally I'm not interested in their opinion.

Honored Contributor

'I figure' that if the sleeves are skin tight on the very slim models, I size up a size or two.  Mostly two sizes up in tops.  'Funny', but when asked the sizes they are wearing, I've seen that they were 'fibbing' (on several occasions). When the host actually looked at their tags and the size was different. Their standard answer is 'XXS', even when they're wearing numbered sizes, lol!  They were 'caught in the act', so to speak.  Still love all of the models, no matter what.  A suggestion would be to actually look at their tags before they enter the set.  Just to be accurate.  (Said in a nice way, though.)  Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Contributor

@blackhole99 I completely understand.  I am 5'6 and my sister is 5'11 (our mom is 5'2) and we have the same father. With that lineup in my family growing up I have a general idea of various fits after raiding closets for years with a petite mom and a model height sister Smiley Wink   I am a natural observer just because of my own "trust" issues and I am always looking for "tells" to see if someone is full of it, just how I am.

Highlighted
Contributor

@blackhole99 now that I have watched her enough, I do find her annoying btw. Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

'I figure' that if the sleeves are skin tight on the very slim models, I size up a size or two.  Mostly two sizes up in tops.  'Funny', but when asked the sizes they are wearing, I've seen that they were 'fibbing' (on several occasions). When the host actually looked at their tags and the size was different. Their standard answer is 'XXS', even when they're wearing numbered sizes, lol!  They were 'caught in the act', so to speak.  Still love all of the models, no matter what.  A suggestion would be to actually look at their tags before they enter the set.  Just to be accurate.  (Said in a nice way, though.)  Heart

The hosts have messed up too.  I've heard them say they are in XS, and they are only available in numbered sizes, LOL.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

I think she is one of the models who look like they really enjoy what they are doing. I'll always remember when she came out wearing a pair of long black leather gloves as an accessory. A kindred spirit.

Respected Contributor

I don't understand why some posters here even bother to watch the Q. Some are very critical and knit picky. I enjoy the models, they do a good job and let their personality come through too. They are girls and girls just want to have fun. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

Honored Contributor

Colleen sure is a beautiful girl.........anyone know anything about her (her bio, etc.)?   She's always so cheerful, and wears the clothing items very well.  (Not too tight, etc.)   Same with Brenda, Deanna, and Katia.  Well, all of the models are A+++++ models.    Very good modeling agency, I'm guessing.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).