Esteemed Contributor

Re: Model Colleen making faces

Since Inspire Style, the models were intentionally brought into communicating with the host. They're asked questions about the item, and they give their opinions. Of course, they always love everything. 8)

The Q is making it bizarre what was once an above-average home shopping channel. They need to begin making new hire requirements with their ability to not only model but to also perform.

Models do it all now to include dancing and singing.

Respected Contributor

I think the models should just smile and look pretty. And state what size they are wearing if  asked by the host. Nothing more. They are there to model the clothes and shoes and really do not need to be included in the conversation. As far as their facial expressions - a smile is all that is needed  - a NORMAL smile, not a forced fake smile or whatever some of them do sometimes. 

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

I'm always glad to see the models sitting on a nice chair while modeling jewelry items on jewelry shows. Heart (It makes me tired, just watching them stand for the entire two or three hours.)  Just standing in one spot, not walking around, seems very tedious. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Get over it.

Respected Contributor

Get over it.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden That model you speak of is indeed quite pretty in a s-xy way and she really plays that aspect of her look up. I know modeling is a superficial way to make a buck, but I'm sure they still want to be respected for what they do. If they do want to be respected and paid according, IMO they need to tone it down and above all keep their thoughts to themselves.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

@SeaMaiden That model you speak of is indeed quite pretty in a s-xy way and she really plays that aspect of her look up. I know modeling is a superficial way to make a buck, but I'm sure they still want to be respected for what they do. If they do want to be respected and paid according, IMO they need to tone it down and above all keep their thoughts to themselves.

@blackhole99  She should be modeling for Victoria secret or a undergarment magazine and pout away.  She is just too much!

Honored Contributor

@Alsee wrote:

Colleen is lovely, but yes she does make unattractive faces.

The other model that is guilty of that is Kate, with her "fish mouth".

They are trying too hard.

I love Kate and Katia!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Colleen acts silly. Reminds me of a kids school play. Trying to get all the attention.

Respected Contributor

I like to see the models interacting.  It's not realistic to believe they should just stand there and smile.  They're humans - they react to what they hear.