Esteemed Contributor

I hear ya, @Catty2 .  I don't like the "no sock" look either, with the exception of boat shoes.  I especially don't like it when men are dressed up and sockless.  

Respected Contributor

I don't like wear socks and wear them as seldom as I can.  Of course in cold winter I have to wear them, but the rest of the year it would be rare to find me in socks.  I imagine many men feel the same way.  But with a tuxedo, he probably should have worn socks or did he wear a more casual shoe with the tux.  I can see him doing that.

Super Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I prefer the no socks look to the socks with sandals thing.

Cat LOL

As you should!  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I prefer the no socks look to the socks with sandals thing.

Cat LOL

@QueenDanceALot 

I was going to say there are far worse looks WITH socks than without!

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

@suzyQ3

My comment was a general statement about Hollywood that wasn't specifically about socks.

I really don't care how they live their lives or dress other than they are idolized resulting in too much influence on the public, particularly our youth.

@Foxxee 

Heaven forbid a young boy opt to go sockless because of it!

Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

@suzyQ3

My comment was a general statement about Hollywood that wasn't specifically about socks.

I really don't care how they live their lives or dress other than they are idolized resulting in too much influence on the public, particularly our youth.

@Foxxee 

Why would you post about youth idolizing Hollywood on a thread about men not wearing socks then?

Honored Contributor

I like the no socks on men look.

Honored Contributor

Re: Men Not Wearing Socks

[ Edited ]

Meh...it's nothing.  Men & women don't wear socks with shoes.  What makes that bad?  My husband goes with shoes without socks in the Spring & Summer.  I'm that way also.  About the only time I'm in socks is usually in the winter when my feet are cold. 

We have a lot of students from India by the way.  They all seem to wear sandals with socks during the Winter, Summer....you name it.  I asked about the sock thing to one of them.  He said you know India has some terrible insects, snakes, etc.  He thinks it's from that.  Not all Indian guys do.  But this one does.  All the rest are in sandals, no matter if there is snow on ground.

Respected Contributor

I hate wearing socks. As a matter of I fact I'm wearing slip on sneakers with no socks and it feels great, my feet can breathe. I use deodorizing spray every morning before I put my shoes on.  Unless I'm wearing certain boots where socks are needed, or it's super cold and I need to wear socks with my other shoes, I go without. My feet get hot in them and thin ones have a tendency to not stay in place and when I get home, the line at the top has shifted all the way to the side so my feet feel uncomfortable. I can think of much worse things people do fashion wise than go sockless!