Respected Contributor

Re: Meghan's Final Day on Tour

@Pearlee @lmt   boy it certainly wasn't reported that way, was it!!!  i can't really see what you mean about not seeing her legs because there is so much dark material there.  in any case, it got quite the reaction.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ms traditional  It seems that the media is divided on the skirt. Half think it's see through and half say it's an optical illusion. I can definitely see both sides of the arguement.

I'm going with optical illusion. You really have to look closely at the skirt. The bottom half, which looks like it's showing Meghan's legs, is actually the black stripes of the skirt. Plus the skirt's material looks pretty thick to me.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it, LOL!!  Smiley Wink

As one stylist said:

When a knit fabric is stretched or is more tautly pulled it will allow more light through.

We do not think the skirt itself is sheer. It is clearly a fairly thick, heavy weight knit. When the pleats are stitched down on the upper portion of the skirt you do not see the lighter blue color. When the pleats open up and move freely the integration of the lighter blue color makes the skirt appear lighter. 

Certain fabrics with a heavy, woven effect can strobe on camera. We suspect this is what is happening here and the fabric is a thick, heavily woven piece creating a camera strobe and the illusion it’s sheer.

Meghan markle wardrobe malfunction see through skirt

Honored Contributor

@lmt  I see the optical illusion viewpoint better with your latest post, but how do you explain what looks like the black underpants?  

Respected Contributor

@lmt  i hope it IS an optical illusion. that's my story and i'm sticking to it!!!  honestly i throw on a half slip with some of the lined dresses/skirts i get because i do worry about such things, especially when going to worship services.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ms traditional    When the pleats are stitched down on the upper portion of the skirt you do not see the lighter blue color. When the pleats open up and move freely the integration of the lighter blue color makes the skirt appear lighter. 

I think we're looking at the lighter blue stripes on the top of the skirt and as they said, when certain light hits it, it gives the appearance of being sheer.

Looking at the middle picture, the skirt doesn't look see through at all.

EDITED TO ADD:  If you click on the middle picture, it will take you to a video that explains the optical illusion.

Image result for meghan's givenchy blue skirt

Honored Contributor

@blueskys wrote:

You haveto remember this is all she does .No housework,no cooking or laundry. Has a hairdresser,ssomeone to put her clothes together .no beds to make .you all are thinging like she is us ,taking care of other kids ,cooking ,laundry and all the other things we do to keep a house running .Her and harry have nothing to do but shake hands .when i was pregant ,i still had to take care of everthing plus work .Both of them are wated on hand and foot so it is a lot easier for them .

True but it is also difficult to hit the trail dressed to the 9's and smiling evey morning.  Even if you have help to lay out your clothes and dress, it's YOU that has to hit the door.  

People are looking at you every moment.  You must be on your best, not make a misstep.  Bathroom breaks are scheduled, meals, teas, no matter how tired you are.  

Have you ever worked where you had to be at a conference or something, dressed, smiling and talking, paying attention ALL day from 7 a.m. to 10 at night (or later)?  Sitting in public, eating in public, talking ALL day?  Smiling?  I can tell you if you have never done it you are simply exhausted at the end of the day.  I can't imagine doing this week after week.  

Respected Contributor

@lmt i'm looping in @Pearlee to make sure she sees

@lmt wrote:

@ms traditional    When the pleats are stitched down on the upper portion of the skirt you do not see the lighter blue color. When the pleats open up and move freely the integration of the lighter blue color makes the skirt appear lighter. 

I think we're looking at the lighter blue stripes on the top of the skirt and as they said, when certain light hits it, it gives the appearance of being sheer.

Looking at the middle picture, the skirt doesn't look see through at all.

EDITED TO ADD:  If you click on the middle picture, it will take you to a video that explains the optical illusion.

Image result for meghan's givenchy blue skirt

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional  I had seen that post and photos, but thanks.   I understand the optical illusion "side" better now, but I still have my doubts, and I don't think the middle photo completely explained the underpants. But oh, well, I have more serious concerns to address than a possibly-or-not see-through Meghan skirt.  It was fun while it lasted though.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@lmt wrote:

That is good to know but still now just something else they have to worry about before going out the door.  I love that dress @lmt

@beckyb1012  It really is a very pretty outfit. Meghan looks so nice in jewel tones.

Image result for meghan in blue givenchy skirt

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE this outfit!

And @lmt I want to join others here in thanking you for sharing all of the lovely photos.  I have really enjoyed them.

Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

The forensics being done on these photos is impressive.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN