Honored Contributor

This is a pass for me.  I had a poncho with the arms sewn like that and they were far too constricting and bothersome for me.   

Respected Contributor

Thanks @MaggieMack.  I have heard varying reviews of her flatterfits so I have been apprehensive.  As you know my HSN luck isn't great so I haven't taken a chance at full price -- and never seem to stumble across them on sale.

I loved the button treatment on that blouse though it looked a bit voluminous through the body.  I would have given it a try at a lower price.  I know her fans feel her pieces are worth every penny.  So far I still haven't taken the plunge.

Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

Thanks @MaggieMack.  I have heard varying reviews of her flatterfits so I have been apprehensive.  As you know my HSN luck isn't great so I haven't taken a chance at full price -- and never seem to stumble across them on sale.

I loved the button treatment on that blouse though it looked a bit voluminous through the body.  I would have given it a try at a lower price.  I know her fans feel her pieces are worth every penny.  So far I still haven't taken the plunge.

I'm a pear shape and her flatterfits didn't work for me at all.  All the hosts, etc. kept saying to size down but I stuck with my normal size.  I actually could have gone up a size to fit my butt, hips and thighs but the waist would have been too big.  I'm also 5'4" and they were too short even for me.

But the worst part for me was the material.  I thought it was horrible.  It was like a parachute only thicker.  It felt heavy and rubbery and made noise.  They also needed to be ironed and then when I ironed the, they got shiney.  I've read several reviews that said they are a wrinkled mess after washing.  

Honored Contributor

havent ordered one yet, but i am leaning towards getting a poncho and a scarf.......and maybe try the new jeans that she has. i have been trying not to buy for myself because this is the time of year that my money goes for others! however, we all know how that goes..... LOL

i am a pear shape and the flatter fits work for me. they are such a great year round weight and very easy to care for. i love that they are a flat, smooth fit with no bulk.  i do NOT go down a size, but stay with my regular size. they are not long, but not really short......more of an ankle pant if you buy the skinny. i am 5'7". i am hoping that hsn allows her to bring in talls sometime soon.

she is one of my favorite designers right now on hsn. love her cuts, materials, style, and love how she changes it up each season. she is very passionate about her line and very willing to answer questions and give sneak peeks. hope she is there to stay for a long time.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45@Lipstickdiva @MaggieMack Your respective experiences with flatterfits are very typical of what I have heard.  I am not a pear...but I do have concern about the fabric and the length. One of these days I might take a chance but if I'm honest I don't really need them at this moment.

I hope all who get the TS enjoy it fully!  Please review.

Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

@sunshine45@Lipstickdiva @MaggieMack Your respective experiences with flatterfits are very typical of what I have heard.  I am not a pear...but I do have concern about the fabric and the length. One of these days I might take a chance but if I'm honest I don't really need them at this moment.

I hope all who get the TS enjoy it fully!  Please review.

@islandgrrl

do you have an hsn charge card? the good thing about hsn is is if you have and use their charge card you get your return shipping credited back in spendable kash......and you get your regular shipping fees returned with any return. it costs nothing to try their items if you have an hsn card.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Re: MarlaWynn TS

[ Edited ]

Save your money, grab a blanket and wrap it around you. It looks like a blanket off the bed on all of the models.. Not a good look unless you enjoy a boxy, huge wrapping.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 That is a great tip, thank you!  I only have one credit card and try hard to stay within a monthly clothing budget.  I just don't buy enough from HSN to take it on but I agree wholeheartedly that if you are an HSN shopper, the way they deal with returns is a tremendous perk.

Honored Contributor

This TS looks like a poncho she had last spring which I purchased in blush and light blue. (with matching scarves and butterfly tees)  The colors were gorgeous but the poncho is extremely wide, and on the short side.

I wish she'd bring in more of her butterfly turtlenecks as they sell out quickly, particularly in black.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@islandgrrl

do you have an hsn charge card? the good thing about hsn is is if you have and use their charge card you get your return shipping credited back in spendable kash......and you get your regular shipping fees returned with any return. it costs nothing to try their items if you have an hsn card.

The only reason I have an HSN card is so I do not have to pay for returns. I like Spendable Kash.