Honored Contributor

Marla Ginsberg on HSN

[ Edited ]

I watched her shows last evening and I enjoyed them.  I really liked several of her items, and several of her new jewerly pieces.  But since Im retired I dont need any of them.  But I might sneak in some every once in a while.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Re: Marla Ginsberg on HSN

[ Edited ]

I love the Marla Wynne brand!  Some of her items are too boxy for my taste, but I can always find multiple items I want to purchase -- fashion and accessories.  I love the pieces I own.

Her prints are fresh and sophisticated as well, and I'm not really a print wearer.

Valued Contributor

I have never bought any of her clothes (too expensive) but I will be honest in saying I cannot watch her or her corny jokes she makes. It's really annonying, so I just change the channel. lol I do like her color palettes, but she made a comment this morning when I had HSN on in the background (repeat ts show) about how proud she was of china for getting her clothes all done during the chinese new year, etc...she was just now talking about how she gets to go to China 2x a year to the manufacturing plant(s)....Ya know I don't live under a rock, I know almost everything is made in China, but I guess it's not something that I would bring up in a show and consistently discuss lol...You would think with her high prices, she could have her things made in the US. JMO of course. 

~ Hope in TN ~
Honored Contributor

i really enjoy many of her items. the quality of the fabrics she uses are generally excellent. i like the modern looks, patterns, and cuts of her clothing. i was even buying from her when she was on QVC many years ago. everytime she is on it is difficult NOT to buy. i am not getting the pants today, but i do need a couple of her butterfly tees (a staple) and one or two other items that caught my eye.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I have quite a few of her things and all of them are keepers. They launder well ,and fit good. The garments look upscale

I always buy on clearance, and you used to be able to really make a killing that way.

I am not sure how things will fare since the new Co has taken over...but I will say I have never gotten an inferior garment from her

Honored Contributor

Re: Marla Ginsberg on HSN

[ Edited ]

Most of her items aren't my style although I think they are pretty.  Almost everything I see is too boxy and oversized and shapeless as far as tops and jackets.  However, the 2 items I did order and keep I have had for a number of years.  The quality is top notch.  I own a sweater that I still wear and love and I own one v-neck butterfly tee.  I cannot even tell you how old that thing is and again, I still wear it.  

I remember when I bought that butterfly tee, it was expensive for what was described as a tee and I thought I was out of my mind ordering it.  But I know my cost per wear is in the negative now.  LOL  I would love to order another but I keep reading reviews about the quality not being the same so I'm nervous.

The one thing that didn't work for me are her Flatterfit pants.  I think they are made for women built like Marla and I'm built the opposite.   

Super Contributor

While I have not purchased anything from her line, I do enjoy watching her shows. I find her presentations to be a nice contrast from the shouting of SG and the condesencion I get/feel  from LOGO. She seems stylish and relatable. Happy HSN/QVC has her on air.

Respected Contributor

I have a few of her pieces but there is a lot that is just too big and boxy for my taste, and the prices are higher than I like.  So, I wait for clearance or TS events. 

That said, now I'm confused.  I know her as Marla Wynn, but why does Marla Ginsberg sound familiar to me?  Is that the same person, just using a different last name? 

Honored Contributor

@BrandiDavis 

I'll never forget one of the first times I watched a presentation of hers and she spent an inordinate amount of time ranking on Bobby Rae Carter, the host, for being thin!!

I was mortified for her!

And then there's the 'icky bits'....Really?? Like women don't have enough insecurities?

Honored Contributor

@Suzeecat 

Ginsberg is her last name. Wynn is the label