Respected Contributor

Re: Marla Ginsberg on HSN

[ Edited ]

I love her items and her sense of humor.  I hope she doesn't change a thing going forward.  She laughs at herself and I like that.  No one is perfect and I don't expect a vendor to act like anyone is perfect.  I prefer the way she acts rather than the trend lately of "everyone is perfect and this clothing is so empowering."  We're not perfect.  We're human, we all have flaws, and we all make the best of what we have.  I'm not the slightest bit offended by "icky bits." 

She's awesome and I will continue to watch her and buy her clothing and jewelry.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like her, I like her presentations, I like her clothes.  I have not bought anything and I doubt I will.  I don't need "work clothes" because I work from home and her styles are extra wide on top and skinny skinny on the bottom.  That wouldn't be flatter on my body type.  Not at all.

Honored Contributor

@BrandiDavis wrote:

I have never bought any of her clothes (too expensive) but I will be honest in saying I cannot watch her or her corny jokes she makes. It's really annonying, so I just change the channel. lol I do like her color palettes, but she made a comment this morning when I had HSN on in the background (repeat ts show) about how proud she was of china for getting her clothes all done during the chinese new year, etc...she was just now talking about how she gets to go to China 2x a year to the manufacturing plant(s)....Ya know I don't live under a rock, I know almost everything is made in China, but I guess it's not something that I would bring up in a show and consistently discuss lol...You would think with her high prices, she could have her things made in the US. JMO of course. 

@BrandiDavis.  I dont know why people find it necessary is disparage goods made in China.  They make many fine clothing items and without them, we would have no electronics since virtually everything is made there.   How would you like to pay a whole lot more for something made in the USA?  This is unlikely to happen because manufacturing facilities in the US, as well as labor, are so scarce.  I'm thrilled we have China to make our clothing, although I'd be happier if the US would remove the tariffs we're being forced to pay.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I like her a lot, he clothes do not fit me or my lifestyle, but I have no complaints about the vendor 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

i lost control......LOL

i ended up ordering six items and waitlisting one.

i have not purchased MW in a few months and just decided that now was a good time. Smiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 

I liked the trenchcoat and the burn out tank top. What did you end up with?

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@sunshine45 

I liked the trenchcoat and the burn out tank top. What did you end up with?

@Andreatoo 

i picked up two v neck butterfly tees (they are staples for me), one sleeveless butterfly tee, a v neck sweater in the link stitch, the burnout cardigan, and the ottoman dress. i waitlisted the on sale cocoon dress (already own one of these.....a great basic.)

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 @Andreatoo 

Sunshine 45 - Oh that burnout cardi looked gorgeous! I hope you love it.

Andrea 2 - You hit the nail on the head for me when you mentioned Marla railing against Bobbie because she is thin. She does the same thing with the models - EVERY SINGLE VISIT. Waste of valuable air time.

Yes, the HSN models are TALL and THIN; that's why they are FASHION MODELS. Get over it! Move on! We have heard it over and over and over.  

In one show, she actually had two models stand next to each other, while Marla commented how "they're all legs."

If she is not comfortable standing next to thin women, Marla needs to simply stop standing next to the models and stop doing shows with Bobbie Ray Carter.

I find it really weakens her "inclusive sizing" mantra when she spends the majority of her presentations commenting on how thin and tall other women are. It speaks of envy, not admiration, and it is not an attractive quality. 

I own her clothes, I like her clothes, but I'm over the patter with the models. Stop asking women what "fruit" they are. It's silly. Your audience is mature women, not insecure teenagers.