Honored Contributor

I believe if MB fashions sold he would still be at the Q, I never bought a thing from his line and I'm a big QVC shopper. When fashion lines don't sell at Evine they will be dropped too cause it's all about the sales or they won't be in business long.

New Contributor

QVC is classier than Evine.So surprised that MB would defect to" Evine". I don't even know what Evine means. My guess is that MB was not selling his product in the quanties required by QVC.  Glad he showed up on Evine, as buying MB on TV is like shopping the boutiques.However shopping Evine is not like QVC or  it's stepsister HSN.Which I also shop.

Honored Contributor
@BAGlADY: isn't variety a wonderful thing?
Super Contributor
MB had said he only uses vegen faux leather and suede now. I still have many of his tops and sweaters and love them, but I thought some of the materials looked alittle cheaper, hard for me to tell on my flat screen.
Esteemed Contributor

@dancingqueen wrote:
MB had said he only uses vegen faux leather and suede now. I still have many of his tops and sweaters and love them, but I thought some of the materials looked alittle cheaper, hard for me to tell on my flat screen.

Vegan leather and suede is simply Marc's fancy way of saying faux.  He uses that term whether it's a $40 Evine piece or one of his $1,000 items.  Marc has even discontinued using wool (along with leather and fur) in his couture collections.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: MARC BOUWER

[ Edited ]

@Trix wrote:

@dancingqueen wrote:

Vegan leather and suede is simply Marc's fancy way of saying faux.  He uses that term whether it's a $40 Evine piece or one of his $1,000 items.  Marc has even discontinued using wool (along  is with leather and fur) in his couture collections.  

Actually thats not correcty. Faux anything, like faux fur, made in China has been  found to contain dog/cat hair. They do those things overseas. I never buy anything faux fur, ever.

Marc is a vegan and only uses products that contain no animal byproduct at all. I applaud him for his decisions. As for the material being cheaper, again, not true. A piece of faux fur on the trim of a coat that used the hair of some poor animal is cheaper than a garment factory producing material using today's modern fabrics.

Stella MCartney is also a vegan but her items cost thousands of dollars. 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl

I used to own a sweater by MB very similar to this.  This came out when the "style" was supposed to be short.

It was flattering when worn with a fuller pant

And I do like the wine-colored  top with the chiffon overlay.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

It was nice to see him and his fashions again.  I didn't buy anything but I did enjoy watching the shows.  I've had several tops from his line when he was on QVC and they were great.  I still wear them often.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have to laugh at your post about poor animals giving up their hair or wool.  My dogs LOVE it when I brush them and you can find pounds of their hair in my vacuum.   And if you have ever seen a sheep that hasn't been shaved in the hot weather, you wouldn't think of them as being "poor"when they are finally made more comfortable.

Esteemed Contributor

@dancingqueen wrote:
Watching Marc Bouwer on Evine Live 1:00am some are styles from the Q some new, everyone always looks so short on my flat screen on Evine hard to judge how everything would look in person. I wonder if George Simonton will also show up on Evine too.

Same here, DQ. At first I thought they were all about 5' tall and came very curvy in Minn. I have all of them in HD, but Evine is the only one with short models. I've heard the models say they were 5'9" and such. What's up with that.