Honored Contributor

Loving This Dress (Peruvian Connection)

[ Edited ]

Today's email had some things that I'm drooling over ... sweaters that I'm going to try to "reverse engineer."  

This is one of the sweaters.   (I just recently bought that exact same hat!)

01. Signature PC

and this dress.  

I'll probably end up getting the rum raisin version.

Our t-neck tunic-dress is the essence of throw on and go chic. Sewn of drapy pima (51%) and modal (49%) jersey, and romantically styled with a scrunchable t-neck, dramatic bishop sleeves and a curved waist seam that releases to a full, gathered skirt.

Honored Contributor

Re: Loving This Dress (Peruvian Connection)

Agreed; they have beautiful things.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Other sweaters ....

This first one will be easy ... I've made it before.  Standard pattern.

The chunky pullover is relaxed and boxy, with a drapy funnel neck, drop shoulders and ribbed trim. Deliciously soft in a cabled yarn of shimmery bronze viscose (52%) and fuzzy black baby alpaca (44%) and wool (4%).

This one will be diffcult - but I have lots of books with knitting charts I should be able to adapt. 

Hued in richly tweeded earth tones, bold geo-metrics, arrows and stripes form an intriguing patchwork on our art knit cardigan. Masterfully intarsia knit of textural bouclé cotton (54%), baby alpaca (22%), nylon (18%) and wool (6%) yarns, the relaxed silhouette features a chunky ribbed collar with two-button closure, drop shoulders and deep side slits.

Easy ... simple to make

Bold bands of autumnal color span the season's coziest crewneck. Sublimely soft and frothy in suri alpaca (74%), merino wool (22%) and polyamide (4%).

-------------------------------

This last one ... is so similar to some others that I made last year.  Just different colors.

Banded in weathered hues of earth and sky, the long pima cardigan is a stunning mélange of textural stitches. Minimally styled with a rolled shawl collar.

Honored Contributor

Loving this one!

These are simple crochet granny squares ... On sale for $479 (Originally $798.  Really easy to make!  Nordstrom was selling a version of a granny square coat for $1300 last year.  

Honored Contributor

I really like the first sweater/jacket.  The dress is a big no for me.  

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA  I admire you being able to knit those sweaters.  All I can knit is a dishcloth or an easy scarf.  If I drop a stitch, it’s all over! 😃

Honored Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

@ALRATIBA  I admire you being able to knit those sweaters.  All I can knit is a dishcloth or an easy scarf.  If I drop a stitch, it’s all over! 😃

@itsmagic 

I learned to knit and crochet as a child ... I've been doing it so many years it's just second nature.   And, I love doing it!

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA PLEASE photograph your beautiful art and let us see!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@itsmagic wrote:

@itsmagic 

I learned to knit and crochet as a child ... I've been doing it so many years it's just second nature.   And, I love doing it!

@ALRATIBA 

We've probably had this conversation but my daughter too. She was 7 when we were visiting family and my cousin taught her to knit and crochet. At 33 she still loves it!

Honored Contributor

Love the rum raisin topper.

kindness is strength