Honored Contributor

Re: Love the clothes, not the vendor so much....?

@Desertdi   Reminds me of the line in PRETTY WOMEN when the sales girls wouldn't help Julia Roberts and she returned dressed up with oodles of packages to say " Big Mistake".

Respected Contributor

I can't stand either of the "designers" you mentioned so no - won't buy their clothes.

Dennis Basso is another one - I love some of his coats but I won't buy his stuff.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jackthebear wrote:

@Twoaces wrote:

That’s hilarious!  It took me a minute to figure out what was in that saleslady’s head.  Then it dawned on me!  J.C. Penney has St.John’s Bay, I think.. could that be it?  Hahahaha!  (And I could trade in any one of my St. John pieces for about 50 St. John’s Bay items).  

yes St. John knits and JCP's St. John's Bay are often confused by the name 

@jackthebear   Confusing the names of the lines of clothing is not the issue. The rude comment was not called for at all.

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:
It probably depends on WHY I dislike the vendor. For example, pre-Covid, I thought Kim Gravel was a bit “much”, but I like her clothes very much (and I’m really liking her from home, personality tempered a bit by distance.

--------------

I wasn't a fan of Kim G much either, but she's changed her presentation and is a bit more enjoyable to watch 

Rinnas clothes I like but Q asks way too much for what they are 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@Twoaces wrote:

That’s hilarious!  It took me a minute to figure out what was in that saleslady’s head.  Then it dawned on me!  J.C. Penney has St.John’s Bay, I think.. could that be it?  Hahahaha!  (And I could trade in any one of my St. John pieces for about 50 St. John’s Bay items).  

yes St. John knits and JCP's St. John's Bay are often confused by the name 

@jackthebear   Confusing the names of the lines of clothing is not the issue. The rude comment was not called for at all.

of course not,   I would have countered the saleslady on that actually 

Esteemed Contributor

I’m just happy someone explained the St John’s BAY connection, because I had no idea what the sales person was referencing and just thought that she knew little about fashion! I would have been so confused if she said that to me. (Regardless, as noted, there’s no excuse for her rudeness.)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I don't care for a designer, I'm unlikely to watch his/her presentation or buy the clothing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is one vendor that has a line of clothes on QVC that I find so offensive, rude, crude and disgusting that I would never buy anything from her line.  However, because I dislike her so much, I also won't ever watch when she's on. 

If I found staff at a particular store or boutique to be rude, unhelpful, etc., I wouldn't shop there either. 

I don't need to be a perfect human being to judge the behaviors of others and think that those behaviors are wrong, repulsive or offensive.   

Respected Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

Susan Graver, don't like the vendor and don't like the clothes.

But this doesn't really answer the original question; it's just a way to say something negative about Susan and her line of clothing.

Respected Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@Biftu wrote:

Susan Graver, don't like the vendor and don't like the clothes.

But this doesn't really answer the original question; it's just a way to say something negative about Susan and her line of clothing.

Some, including me, must like Susan's designs because QVC sells a loit of it. That happens to be the only line of clothing that fits me perfectly.