Respected Contributor

I heard that the manufacturer who made Louis' clothes was no longer functioning.  My understanding is that company also made Bob Mackie's clothes. Perhaps it was too much trouble for QVC to find a new company with the same standards for such small amounts of clothing.

Those two designers were brilliant and produced outstanding clothes. QVC brought them millions of new customers.  I purchased a lot of designs from both of them, but I agree that they focused more on traditional fashion looks for work or evening, versus stay-at-home cuddly clothes, which became all the rage during the pandemic.

Yes, they are both missed, but they were at the very beginning on QVC and were highly successful.  Of course it is hard to "retire," but they can look back on their careers with a smile.  We are all getting older.  At least they should have VERY comfortable (financially) retirements.

Contributor

Had been a Louis fan for many years. I shopped his shows regularly. My job required executive level clothing and that is why I shopped the line. There is nothing at the Q that compares to his line and quality. Casual clothing is fine and has a place but to be taken seriously in the executive  arena the Q offers nothing comparable. 

There is no brand currently at the Q that caters to the business woman. Can't walk into the courtroom, boardroom or executive suite with the brands the Q carries now. 

Respected Contributor

Regarding Louis' manufacturer, she retired her business because Louis and Bob Mackie were no longer with QVC.  Both Louis' line, Bob Mackie's line, George Simington's line and so of the other notable designers were considered "boutique" and not subject to the same quota of sales as the larger brands.  

When QVC was forced by customer demand to have Louis return to QVC the first time his line was let go, the writing was on the wall.  QVC gave him horrid hours, late evening/early morning time slots. would fight hi on his designs, reduce his budget, etc.  They were not happy to have to bring him back and he was only one ever that was brought back by a very successful customer campaign.  One of the great nd powerful part of the campaign was QVC was told to look at the demographics as well as the spending of the Linea customer base that analysis is why QVC brought him back.  We were more than willing to do the same once again but Louis said no.

I have not purchased anything on QVC since Louis left.

Esteemed Contributor

At some point in 2019, QVC started moving towards more casual wear, athleisure wear. And by the beginning of the pandemic, there was more leggings, jeggings and joggers.

We saw more Cuddle-duds, Muk-Luks etc.  QVC even created its own brand to compete with Cuddle-duds-Anybody.

QVC/xcel brands paid a lot of money to acquire LOGO as proprietary brand. Something had to give and it was Linea.

Respected Contributor

@the geeger ....... Personally, I don't know how Logo manages to sell so much and stay in business.  Her fashions are a big thumbs down IMO.  I thought maybe Louis had personal reasons for stepping away.  Just guessing though.... Cat Frustrated

Respected Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

Something had to give and it was Linea.

I disagree with that.  Nothing had to "give."  They could have kept him in the lineup.  His line was unique and I loved it.  I still wear his clothes and the quality is excellent.

Esteemed Contributor

@santorini wrote:

@qbetzforreal wrote:

I disagree with that.  Nothing had to "give."  They could have kept him in the lineup.  His line was unique and I loved it.  I still wear his clothes and the quality is excellent.

@santorini- My point was Linea was sacrificed.

Respected Contributor

@Makawao wrote:

Had been a Louis fan for many years. I shopped his shows regularly. My job required executive level clothing and that is why I shopped the line. There is nothing at the Q that compares to his line and quality. Casual clothing is fine and has a place but to be taken seriously in the executive  arena the Q offers nothing comparable. 

There is no brand currently at the Q that caters to the business woman. Can't walk into the courtroom, boardroom or executive suite with the brands the Q carries now. 

I sit in the C-suite at my company.  We wear jeans.  The last meeting I had to dress up for I wore a Susan Graver ponte knit dress and boots.  None of the men, not even our bankers, wore ties.  

Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 That is so surprising. When I retired in 2018, the higher ups still dressed in business attire. Can a person even find a nice woman's suit anymore?

Respected Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@santorini wrote:

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@santorini- My point was Linea was sacrificed.

Sorry. I misunderstood that. I certainly agree with you.