Contributor

Re: Lori, who in their right mind.....

What an insulting thing to say.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chucklehead wrote:

Very.  My eyes only saw someone really impolite to fellow posters, which is far worse than bag lady shmattas.  A person can change clothes, but rarely character. For those of you who don't know Yiddish, schmattas are rags.   So a poster here, who knows darn well that some fellow posters buy and love and wear LOGO clothes, thinks those people wear bag lady rags.  Nice huh?

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

This line is probably the only one QVC sells that I have never purchased. For over 20  years, I've seen different clothing names come and go on Q. Eventually, I bought at least one garment to see if I liked it...but not Logo. In my opinion they can't even make it good on TV. Sorry in advance to those who like her stuff. My eyes see bag lady shmattahs. 

Valued Contributor

Honestly I wore LOGO on Easter and I did not look like a bag lady.  I wore my cardigan with a regular tank underneath and regular black pant and a nice necklace.  Looked very nice.  I also wore a LOGO outfit out to dinner...a tunic with pleats on the bottom and a vest.  Again, regular black pants, necklace, etc.  Looked very nice.  I layer with two pieces. The only piece I would never wear is the tank that dips way low down, I don't find it attractive.  In winter I alsways wear a thin underlayering tank or cami because it adds warmth.  Its not necessarily with LOGO clothes but anything. 

I did have to laugh at my husband who is completely oblivious to fashion and QVC other than rolls his eyes and hopes I am not buying too much.  He says Who is this Lori Goldstein?  I said she is a NY stylist.  He says she layers all those clothes because she is trying to sell more.  The next time he says "how can anyone talk about a piece of clothing that long and explain all the details over and over again?" Then he says everytime I see her she looks like she has the same things on. Ha ha

Oh well I love my LOGO anyway.

Honored Contributor

@toria wrote:

Oh well I love my LOGO anyway.

LOL   @toria  And, no doubt, your hubby too!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kesselrun wrote:

"Anything goes with everything" ugh

Well, we do have Lori"s "permission to play".   Lol and smh at the marketing tags/ploys these designers will use.

Respected Contributor

I just don't get the LOGO look.  Yes they look comfy and pretty colors but to me they look ragged.  And pricey!  I found a top in Marshall's for 29.99 and it was very well made but just not for me.  And all that layering!  Not for me.  

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Chucklehead wrote:

Very.  My eyes only saw someone really impolite to fellow posters, which is far worse than bag lady shmattas.  A person can change clothes, but rarely character. For those of you who don't know Yiddish, schmattas are rags.   So a poster here, who knows darn well that some fellow posters buy and love and wear LOGO clothes, thinks those people wear bag lady rags.  Nice huh?

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

This line is probably the only one QVC sells that I have never purchased. For over 20  years, I've seen different clothing names come and go on Q. Eventually, I bought at least one garment to see if I liked it...but not Logo. In my opinion they can't even make it good on TV. Sorry in advance to those who like her stuff. My eyes see bag lady shmattahs. 

Her opinion.... you certainly don't need to agree but at least she is telling her truth.....to some the clothing (which I have bought myself) look like rags on a bag lady. Sometimes the truth hurts. I would far prefer for someone to be honest with me than listen to someone who is trying to sell me something to make a buck.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Chucklehead wrote:

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

Her opinion.... you certainly don't need to agree but at least she is telling her truth.....to some the clothing (which I have bought myself) look like rags on a bag lady. Sometimes the truth hurts. I would far prefer for someone to be honest with me than listen to someone who is trying to sell me something to make a buck.

@Trinity11 Oh, come on.  There are many ways to express an opinoin and whatever a person thinks is "the truth."   Nasty ways that are insulting and rude to others, such as the one above, and nicer ways.  I'm sorry you can't recognize or appreciate the difference.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Chucklehead wrote:

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

@Trinity11 Oh, come on.  There are many ways to express an opinoin and whatever a person thinks is "the truth."   Nasty ways, such as the one above, and nicer ways.  I'm sorry you can't recognize or appreciate the difference.

Please.... there is no line of clothing that I consider worth arguing about. I wear a lot of Ralph Lauren and if you came on here and told me that I look like a bag lady, I would simply chock it up to your opinion. I wouldn't feel it necessary to admonish you for it. I have enough confidence in my choices to not need to have everyone like what I wear.

QVC Customer Care