Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lori, who in their right mind.....

The other day I turned on QVC for a minute and saw Lori presenting this hooded sweatshirt. It looked ok from the front and when she turned around you saw this long flowing sheer material with pleats in the back over the sweatshirt material. I was astounded someone would wear this item. Why does she continue to add flounces and sheer material to her tops and other items? I would never buy her clothing because I do not want to look like a polar bear. I am very sad to see this type of clothing line selling so well or not. We will never know how many return her clothing. I was watching Evine and they have some cute clothes with reasonable prices. I have quit watchng the Q because they do not have any variety. They are phasing out some of the lines people like. I don't get their decision making and never will.

Valued Contributor

@lolakimono that post is the best! Thank you Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@elated  I think I might have this sweatshirt, if it's the waffle knit hooded item.

I wear it with just a hip length skinny type tank underneath. No other layers hang out below the hem.

Respected Contributor

OMG @lolakimono you crack me up.  Thanks for the levity.  

Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

OMG @lolakimono you crack me up.  Thanks for the levity.  

Perfect! Levity and implicit TRUTH!

Honored Contributor

@Secretariat1 wrote:

Is going to wear all these layers in the summer? Not to mention how much bulk it adds to anyone's figure, nevermind an average size woman.  Sometimes I wonder what you're thinking when you pile on all these layers on these poor models....you need a reality check.

YAWN

I think this is the 100th thread on the same topic.  It's kind of ..."been there/done that".  Many of us think she layers too much, but it's really a passe topic at this point.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

Maybe it's time to bring in a new designer, who makes fashions that don't have to be layered!  Really...make it easier to just get dressed quickly in the morning!

Why would they do that when she is one of their top sellers?  That would be similar to them bringing in someone to replace Susan Graver.  It's called business.  They put vendors on whose lines sell well.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@elated wrote:

The other day I turned on QVC for a minute and saw Lori presenting this hooded sweatshirt. It looked ok from the front and when she turned around you saw this long flowing sheer material with pleats in the back over the sweatshirt material. I was astounded someone would wear this item. Why does she continue to add flounces and sheer material to her tops and other items? I would never buy her clothing because I do not want to look like a polar bear. I am very sad to see this type of clothing line selling so well or not. We will never know how many return her clothing. I was watching Evine and they have some cute clothes with reasonable prices. I have quit watchng the Q because they do not have any variety. They are phasing out some of the lines people like. I don't get their decision making and never will.

I saw that and loved it--if it was that camo one.   I didn't order as it was rayon/spandex and I wanted cotton or cotton/modal.  I'd not have looked like a polar bear in it.  I'm sure many others would have looked fabulous in it as well.  

lol

Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@lolakimono, this post is worthy of an award! Best Thread Commentary in the Fashion Class.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

This line is probably the only one QVC sells that I have never purchased. For over 20  years, I've seen different clothing names come and go on Q. Eventually, I bought at least one garment to see if I liked it...but not Logo. In my opinion they can't even make it good on TV. Sorry in advance to those who like her stuff. My eyes see bag lady shmattahs.