Honored Contributor

Re: Long Flowy Dusters

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife I agree these are not dusters.  I do have a few from Guliana that I love and wear a lot especially in spring when it is still cool here and I don't want to wear a coat. I have a denim one from Sundance as well.   I think they are adorable and elevate the outfit.  I wear it with skinny jeans, a wedge heel and a tee shirt.  I see many people in my area wearing these.  I myself am not a fan of "tailored or structured" clothing.  

Esteemed Contributor

Long flowy dusters look matronly and loungewear-ish. Big NO for anywhere! Fortunately, very few women wear these things in our city. The numerous colleges (students in their denim) would probably laugh them out of town.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Good thing we all have options so we don't all dress the same.

Esteemed Contributor

I think you need to have a body frame that is tall and slim to wear the long duster style that is being offered  on QVC.

If the duster was  offered in 3 lengths as the jumpsuit is that would be a better option  for customers

Atleast it was not " sherpa "

Honored Contributor

Re: Long Flowy Dusters

[ Edited ]

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

Are these a 'thing' this season? I see many dusters here these days, none of which I like. I'm 5'4" so these would be too long for me, at least I think so, not my style.

What do you think - do you like them? Would you buy and wear them?

@PINKdogWOOD 

Sorry ... what is a duster?  A bathrobe?  A muu-muu? 

I'm not familiar with this term.  

Esteemed Contributor

I think a lot of times dusters look much better on television than real life, especially if the fabric is that pajama material.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

Are these a 'thing' this season? I see many dusters here these days, none of which I like. I'm 5'4" so these would be too long for me, at least I think so, not my style.

@PINKdogWOOD 

Logo does a lot of summer weight dusters.  Basically, they are like a robe, weight is determined by fabric.

Honored Contributor

@cheriere wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@PINKdogWOOD 

Logo does a lot of summer weight dusters.  Basically, they are like a robe, weight is determined by fabric.

I don't consider them a robe at all!  Not the ones I have anyways.

No lapels

No belts  which are things I may associate with a robe.

I consider them a long cardi!

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@RespectLife I agree these are not dusters.  I do have a few from Guliana that I love and wear a lot especially in spring when it is still cool here and I don't want to wear a coat. I have a denim one from Sundance as well.   I think they are adorable and elevate the outfit.  I wear it with skinny jeans, a wedge heel and a tee shirt.  I see many people in my area wearing these.  I myself am not a fan of "tailored or structured" clothing.  

@Pecky 

I'd love to shop with you!  ha ha...we have similar styles.

That's how I would wear them pretty much also....like the picture previously posted.

Regular Contributor

Another NO THANK YOU to the dusters.  Tthey look gypsified.