Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@cheriere wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

Are these a 'thing' this season? I see many dusters here these days, none of which I like. I'm 5'4" so these would be too long for me, at least I think so, not my style.

What do you think - do you like them? Would you buy and wear them?

@PINKdogWOOD 

Sorry ... what is a duster?  A bathrobe?  A muu-muu? 

I'm not familiar with this term.  

Logo does a lot of summer weight dusters.  Basically, they are like a robe, weight is determined by fabric.

I don't consider them a robe at all!  Not the ones I have anyways.

No lapels

No belts  which are things I may associate with a robe.

I consider them a long cardi!

I'm sorry, I didn't mean for my description to sound rude or anything.  I was just trying to give her an idea based on the examples she listed.  I thought it may be easier to remember that way.

I own a couple barefoot dreams duster's myself, one with a belt.  So, I don't consider them bath robes. 💝🌸

Honored Contributor

I would look absolutely ridiculous wearing one of those. 

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@Pecky wrote:

@RespectLife I agree these are not dusters.  I do have a few from Guliana that I love and wear a lot especially in spring when it is still cool here and I don't want to wear a coat. I have a denim one from Sundance as well.   I think they are adorable and elevate the outfit.  I wear it with skinny jeans, a wedge heel and a tee shirt.  I see many people in my area wearing these.  I myself am not a fan of "tailored or structured" clothing.  

@Pecky 

I'd love to shop with you!  ha ha...we have similar styles.

That's how I would wear them pretty much also....like the picture previously posted.

@RespectLife Yes we do!! The picture is exactly how I wear the longer cardi's.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Long Flowy Dusters

[ Edited ]

@cheriere 

Oh no, @cheriere 

It didn't come off rude at all!  You are so kind, no apology needed.

I am so short waisted, I can't pull off anything with a waist belt!  Might as well just belt the bazoomies!

I will add, I only have one that is a print and it is a faint print....most of mine are solids.

But I do have some that have fringe, made of lacy type, crochet stitched.

I do like printed things, but the Bumblebee prints in the dusters she has today, just are not 'speaking' to me.  Esp when Jill wore the red print in both together.....too much for me, but she looked good.

I didn't look at the price, but if there were solids and it was reasonable...I might have considered it.  I actually didn't look more than a sec at her duster.

Honored Contributor

I'm 5' 6" and I like the strong vertical line down the front when I wear something similar.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

If you are looking for something shorter in length.....try a KIMONO from the bathing suit coverup rack...

@Desertdi.  That's really pretty but it's more of a caftan than a duster.  I'd use it as a robe after I sewed a button on it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@cheriere 

Oh no, @cheriere 

It didn't come off rude at all!  You are so kind, no apology needed.

I am so short waisted, I can't pull off anything with a waist belt!  Might as well just belt the bazoomies!

I will add, I only have one that is a print and it is a faint print....most of mine are solids.

But I do have some that have fringe, made of lacy type, crochet stitched.

I do like printed things, but the Bumblebee prints in the dusters she has today, just are not 'speaking' to me.  Esp when Jill wore the red print in both together.....too much for me, but she looked good.

I didn't look at the price, but if there were solids and it was reasonable...I might have considered it.  I actually didn't look more than a sec at her duster.

Thank you, I just wanted to make sure it didn't sound that way.  I really like you and didn't want to sound mean.

Im short waisted too.  I can't wear them with a belt either, even though I have one like that.  It doesn't help that since gravity has kicked in, it makes my boob to belly ratio even lower lol.💝🌸

Contributor

Thank you for pointing out the big difference. 

Contributor

Floral Cotton Stretch Topper

Respected Contributor

Reminds me of the landlady Mrs. Roper from Three's Company!