Honored Contributor

I was watching a documentary about a serious subject the other night.  Many women who were commenting on the story were wearing up to the minute wild prints, mixed floral and zebra for example.  It was so diverting it was hard to concentrate on what they were saying.  

Esteemed Contributor

@amyb wrote:

@cinderella31 wrote:

My exact thoughts!  Many of these outfits look like "clown costumes". I would never put some of these patterns together in a million years!  

When I worked retail, we used to "joke" (but seriously think this)...we'd say it's what the factories came up with to use the scraps of material for to save waste. And Voila' another "fashion trennnnd." Um. ok.

That being said...some people did a few cute "mixed media" things well. But...a little of that goes a lonnnnng way. And Lori's been successful selling it like hotcakes I'll give her that, making a nice living. But...J'nuf already!!

And yes...some of it is just clownishly slapped together and called "fashion."

In my opinion, of course.

"Something for everyone", ok. Not moi'.

Wow @amyb you posted on TWO separate Logo bashing threads yesterday!  I just realized there were 2!  You must be so proud.  This is quite an accomplishment. 

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@amyb wrote:

@cinderella31 wrote:

My exact thoughts!  Many of these outfits look like "clown costumes". I would never put some of these patterns together in a million years!  

When I worked retail, we used to "joke" (but seriously think this)...we'd say it's what the factories came up with to use the scraps of material for to save waste. And Voila' another "fashion trennnnd." Um. ok.

That being said...some people did a few cute "mixed media" things well. But...a little of that goes a lonnnnng way. And Lori's been successful selling it like hotcakes I'll give her that, making a nice living. But...J'nuf already!!

And yes...some of it is just clownishly slapped together and called "fashion."

In my opinion, of course.

"Something for everyone", ok. Not moi'.

Wow @amyb you posted on TWO separate Logo bashing threads yesterday!  I just realized there were 2!  You must be so proud.  This is quite an accomplishment. 

@NYCLatinaMe  I hope some day someone in person says something equally offensive to her about what she is wearing as what she has posted about LOGO clothes, knowing people here like the lube and wear it. Or maybe she doesn't know people in person who are rude enough to makes those comments to her.

Esteemed Contributor

Honestly @Pearlee I wouldn't bother to post in the bashing posts if they weren't so boring, so silly.  I have no idea and could care less what the bashers wear.  My sense is the writing is just baiting stuff.  I only look in the Fashion Forum to see if someone posted about something I don't know about that interests me, and I run into the bashing posts.  I can't believe there were 2 yesterday, same stuff.  

I don't spend my time writing about things I don't like, and I assume these bashers are rational and have other things to do with their time, so they must post because here is something that appeals to them about the line, but they haven't figured out yet what to do about it.  The bashers, weirdly, do watch the shows, so they can bash.  I think they watch more than I do.

Most of Lori's clothes are engineered to fit certain people certain way, and people just need to find what works for them.  It may not be Logo.  I buy a variety of things, and I do like mixed media, mixed shape, beautiful colors and prints.  It is interesting and stimulating to the eye.  I buy Tolani prints too.  These bashers realize the outfits work, but don't know why because they don't wear them.  Maybe they have just bought the Logo duds, of which of course, like everything, there are plenty.  

Maybe they don't know how to put the outfits togethers, and are bothered by Lori's high fashion way of styling.  They need shopping help, and I don't think QVC provides real styling tips any more.  Katrina Szish started giving styling tips it in her Upgrade Your Look show, but QVC changed the format and now it is like every other "closet" show.  

I usually wear my Logo tops with jeans or black WWC pants, and it looks pretty good.  I never layer, other than a jacket if I need one.  No luck with Logo jackets yet, usually someone else's in black, or a jean jacket.  Peace Love World has some good jackets.  You won't catch me in a WWC/Attitudes top or dress, but I won't write posts bashing them.  I post about the pants, which I love! ❤️❤️❤️

Laurie Felt seems to be bringng some good things now.  Every line has good and bad.  I don't like Belle, but some of her tops are nice too!

Valued Contributor

So.... I am old, I wear LOGO. I layer it. I love her jean jackets and wear them often. I also wear her fleece coat, her sequined jeans, and I do not look weird or oddly dressed in my town. I wear them to work and at home. I do not wear everything she makes because some are not for me and I mix them with Eileen Fisher, JJill, Kim Gravel, and Women with Control pants among other things. 

Clothes are meant to be comfortable, fun and expressive. Your choices express you and mine express me and they all are wonderful. I LOVE to see what other women choose to wear and spend most of my time out in public just loving to see how other women express themselves through their clothes whether their clothes are from Bergdorf, Nordstrom, Penney's, Lands End, Artful Home, Sundance, Soft Surroundings, the Q, HSN, or wherever. 

Going to a new place may mean women in all of their own style may dress differently from me and I feel so lucky to get to see how they express themselves. Clothes are fun. Some LOGO pieces are fun for me but if they do not feel right for you, something else does and it's all good.

Occasional Contributor

Have I missed Lori or has she not been on?  Also, I guess I'm surprised that so much of her collection is 50% off.  I thought it was priced too high, but everyone knows what they can afford to pay.  I do not like alot of her things, but have several pieces that I love.

Honored Contributor

In general I have found that Logo's tops just don't fit me well.  They are tight in the shoulders and bust but are way too big and swingy in the hip area....some of them make me look like I'm expecting...not a good look!

However I have purchased some pants from her lately that are so comfortable, look cute and fit me very well!  I was a fan of QF's Dream Jeannes but it seems like they are no longer making them or they have changed.  I found Logo has a jean that is a knit denim and I ordrered them in three colors (they are on sale!) 

Item number:A468312

I also purchaed these in all three colors...they are also a knit denim :A520100 and so cute & comfortable!

Last year I purhcased Lori's sun faded A451292 pants which are very light weight and great for those hot & humid days....it's too bad that there are almost none of them left.  I wish she had brought them back in more colors and all the sizes.

Contributor

I think the prices for her fashions are much too high!

Respected Contributor

I was watching reruns of "Friends" a couple months ago and thought that Phoebe's (Lisa Kudro) clothes might have an influence on some LOGO apparel. The character Phoebe had a quirky Boho style.

I like LOGO jeans and dresses. I have a few LOGO tops, but they've gotten so pricey that I haven't purchased any lately.

I do some layering with a cardigan or something, but I don't mix patterns or wear more than 2 layers. And, I don't layer tops in the heat of summer.

Honored Contributor

Logo.  The worst fashion in QVC...hands down.  As soon as she's on, I switch the channel.  I really don't care for a lot on QVC.  I still buy from Candace and Barefoot Dreams. Candace because she offers shorter tops than the rest of QVC.  And her clothes remind me of mall stores. Barefoot Dreams because of the fabric.   But the rest.....Once in a great while Gravel, but she's hit or miss.  Isaac is just endless Tee shirts. Susan Graver seems to offer nothing less then 27 inches long in tops. Her pants are OK.  Women in control I haven't purchased in years. Denim & Co is still the same, kind of tacky. The rest is for retired folks, joggers and tee shirts. Which makes sense since a large portion of viewers are retired.