Dooney

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lisa's New G.I.L.I. Handbag

On 4/11/2014 MargieRJ said:

Dooney

The dooney bag is way better looking.

Honored Contributor

Personally, I think it's a great looking bag and love the color, but no, not for that price.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

I don't think the Dooney looks anything like the GILI bag. Totally different.

The GILI bag is a direct knockoff of Gucci but what do you say to someone if you buy the GILI and someone inquires about it. Oh, it's from GILI. 99% of people will say G what? LOL. I for one at least like to have people know the designer of whom I speak if I'm getting a compliment on it. Makes ya feel good about the investment.

GILI is QVC. Might as well say it's from Denim & Co. LOL. Who's to know? Both are in house brands. Smiley Happy But there are an abundance of women (esp. on FB) who go crazy over this GILI stuff.

Super Contributor

I hope no one is copying her outfit tonight. Both pieces in and of themselves are good looking, just not worn together. The beautiful broom skirt just screams for a cute short jacket.
Valued Contributor

I have a Marc Jacobs. (3-4 years) messenger bag that might be comparable to this in size----I'd be willing to bet the quality and ""cuteness"" doesn't even come close. this purse isn't even a brand anyone's heard of
Frequent Contributor

I seen one presentation of a G.I.L.I bag and that was enough for Me, .. I think I will pass...When Lisa was not able to zip it back closed on air and had to fake Her way through the rest of the presentation of it that pretty much told Me what kind of quality these bags are.

Esteemed Contributor

That is one big bag.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

On 4/11/2014 3star said: I hope no one is copying her outfit tonight. Both pieces in and of themselves are good looking, just not worn together. The beautiful broom skirt just screams for a cute short jacket.
It's examples like this is why I don't take fashion advice from anybody on this board.
Super Contributor

On 4/11/2014 BlingQueen022 said:
On 4/11/2014 3star said: I hope no one is copying her outfit tonight. Both pieces in and of themselves are good looking, just not worn together. The beautiful broom skirt just screams for a cute short jacket.
It's examples like this is why I don't take fashion advice from anybody on this board.

. . . or any host on QVC . . . actually this particular host . . . what a mess and that's putting it nicely.