Super Contributor

Re: Lisa's New G.I.L.I. Handbag

On 4/11/2014 birkin baby said:

LR could post a pic of herself holding up a big old plastic Target bag,call it her "favorite new bag",and her fans would go crazy! That pic with her holding the bag under her chin is too funny. Who even poses like that? {#emotions_dlg.blink}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Yeah its amazing...she says buy and people fly to the phones. Its a really weird thing. I guess that's what makes her the Q's top host.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/11/2014 EZ shopper said:

Does anyone know what the exact price will be? It looks like an amazing bag!

Someone on Lisa's FB page called CS and was told it will be $429 with 5 easy pays. And it only comes in Brandy.

This is how the bag was described on FB. I assume to justify the price.

The new GILI Hobo Bag in the show tomorrow night is truly a luxury bag. The leather is a full vegetable dyed leather with a complete hand stain, done by one of the oldest, most exclusive tanneries in Italy. It is rare to find leather done in this way anymore. It is a large bag, (17"W x 13"H x 61/2"D with an 8" strap drop), and is a rectangular shape that hangs more A-line when you carry it, depending on how full it is. It is one that I will always value, and carry when I want to make a great impression. It will be available at 9:55pm ET, and the easiest way will be the link in the FB post for the chat tomorrow night

Trusted Contributor

I like that kind of bag and though the "trend" may be away from that, I've never been a trend follower in handbags. I go for what suits my likes and needs. The smaller, lady-like bags were my moms thing and I like the big, oversized and shapeless bags myself. However, although this bag looks good and sounds dreamy by the description, its still a QVC-made brand and for my money, I'd rather pay the same amount and buy MK, KC, etc. or in all honesty, pay the substantial extra and get the Gucci bag. QVC is famous for cutting corners and I found that out with the GILI line. I bought a couple of dresses and I just didn't care for the quality at all.

Esteemed Contributor

I like Mary Beth. I'll wait until she brings her handbag collection.

Super Contributor

The bag is $429.98, S&H $12.97. It is on 5 easy pays.

Super Contributor

On 4/11/2014 imaclotheshog said:

The bag is $429.98. That's more than I thought it would be.

wow...not buying!

Super Contributor

I just added the S&H in my post, IMO that's a lot for shipping. I didn't think it would be that much.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/11/2014 maryebrown said:

The bag is $429.98. That's more than I thought it would be.

wow...not buying!

I wouldn't pay $4.29 for it.
Super Contributor

She just showed the bag again tonight. It looks a lot like a Dooney too.

Super Contributor

The bag is $429.98, S&H $12.97. It is on 5 easy pays.

Lisa also said it weighs 3.1 lbs.

Much too big, too costly, too heavy for me!