Valued Contributor

I think the negative posters are missing the point of this show. The idea is to show all different ways you can decorate with various items. As for putting all these things together, it probably would be over the top (not that there's anything wrong with that). You pick and choose and see what works for your style.

I am amused when I read a smug reply like "I prefer country" or "I prefer a more simple style." Fine. Do your thing, but I for one enjoyed seeing all the sparkle and glitz. It surely helps when the dark days of November and December are upon us.

Honored Contributor
On 10/25/2014 TrailBlazer05 said:
On 10/24/2014 Tissyanne said: Saying Lisa does not know the reason for the season is very unkind, and judgmental. Some of you who say she is alone, and has no one to decorate for must know more than I do. The truth is not one of the posters here knows anything about her personal life.

Sorry Tissyanne, but that is NOT what I said. Read again because what I did say is Lisa SEEMS TO "totally lose and completely miss the mark on what Christmas and the season is truly about! It's surely not all this materialistic stuff". That's a huge difference than what you stated I said.

The way she carries on live on-air as well as on her FB page, she represents Christmas as being all about over the top decorating and look at me and all my things and how much I can afford to do. My opinion. Smile

What makes you say I was talking about you?
Occasional Contributor
On 10/25/2014 SoftRain said:

My goodness....this was not Lisa's home!! Some of you are so rude and judgmental, and will find any way possible to put Lisa down! I am not a fan of Lisa, but I am a fan of treating people with respect. She is supposed to sell what QVC has to offer, expensive or not...and that is exactly what she did for this show. She happens to love decorating for the holidays and it showed in her presentation. She may be over the top for some of you, and it may not be your taste. But, she was selling QVC items, not her own. Yes, Ellen had a fun show, I love her and her humor, but personally I preferred the items in Lisa's show. That's just personal taste, but I would never put down another's taste because it does not match my own. My dear aunt loves decorating for the holidays, and it shows in every item she displays. She buys from everywhere, is frugal, but is very artistic and knows a good bargain when she sees it. Her home is spectacular for the holidays, but is also warm and inviting. To some of you it may be over the top, but it's her taste and I admire her talent for putting things together. Decorating is a passion for my aunt, and I can see it appears to be the same for Lisa. It brings my aunt joy, and there is nothing wrong with seeking happiness in a hobby that not only makes you happy but others who share in it! I can assure you my aunt is not doing it to brag! But, I'm sure because some of you feel Lisa is vain, you think everything she does is for attention. To those I am sure I'm speaking to deaf ears! In any case, Happy Holidays to everyone!

I agree.

Super Contributor

I'm sure that they will have someone else doing the holiday decorating shows for next year, perhaps one of the current hosts or maybe they will bring back someone like Linda Dano. That would be so nice. I miss Linda.

Yes Lisa is great at decorating and has fabulous taste in home décor, but she isn't irreplaceable-- and everything she's done and presented can be duplicated and presented by another host next year.

QVC is moving forward. I am already looking forward to seeing what they will present for 2015, I am expecting great new things!

Honored Contributor

Some folks I know truly enjoy decorating almost every square foot of their homes. It's truly a wonderland to walk around and view each setting, and those folks seem so happy to share all of their effort(s). It's nice to take the time to be creative, mostly for others, as well as themselves.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Occasional Contributor

I like Lisa. We can enjoy watching her shows at times even if we do not buy.

She has a quick wit and does not miss a beat. I think she gives a good balance.

Honored Contributor
On 10/25/2014 imaclotheshog said:

I'm sure that they will have someone else doing the holiday decorating shows for next year, perhaps one of the current hosts or maybe they will bring back someone like Linda Dano. That would be so nice. I miss Linda.

Yes Lisa is great at decorating and has fabulous taste in home décor, but she isn't irreplaceable-- and everything she's done and presented can be duplicated and presented by another host next year.

QVC is moving forward. I am already looking forward to seeing what they will present for 2015, I am expecting great new things!

I am looking forward to QVC moving along/forward and making changes. It has become stale and boring.

Honored Contributor
On 10/24/2014 calcgirl said:

I have always loved decorating for Christmas. My late hubby and I would go all out and our kids and later grand kids loved it! We had a tree in every room, and decorated from top to bottom. Everyone gathered at our home for Christmas and it was heavenly.

Now my love is gone and for the first time since he passed to heaven I decorated last year; no where near the same scale as I did with Dean, and I shed many tears of memories of past.

I love Christmas and enjoy watching Lisa's shows. She is such a talented woman and enjoy watching her shows.

Early Merry Christmas to all.

I share your pain. It is hard to decorate and celebrate when loved one is gone. I am going through that too. It sure is a different life.

Frequent Contributor
I thought Lisa's show was beautiful to look at. Most of us could not or would not decorate in this extreme fashion, but certainly lovely to watch and gave some nice ideas, which I think was its purpose. Best wishes to her and her future endeavors!
Honored Contributor
On 10/24/2014 calcgirl said:

I have always loved decorating for Christmas. My late hubby and I would go all out and our kids and later grand kids loved it! We had a tree in every room, and decorated from top to bottom. Everyone gathered at our home for Christmas and it was heavenly.

Now my love is gone and for the first time since he passed to heaven I decorated last year; no where near the same scale as I did with Dean, and I shed many tears of memories of past.

I love Christmas and enjoy watching Lisa's shows. She is such a talented woman and enjoy watching her shows.

Early Merry Christmas to all.

calcgirl: bless you and your late husband. I hope that some day (if it is me who leaves first) I can enjoy life like you are doing... I dread this for him and I dread this for me. Thank you for your Merry Christmas wishes... I wish the same for you.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~