Trusted Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson leaving QVC...Is this pure coincidence?

Qvc ceo
Frequent Contributor

Who cares AND it's no ones business!!!!!!!!!! Do you people have nothing better to do?

Super Contributor

On 10/11/2014 KringleB said:

Who cares AND it's no ones business!!!!!!!!!! Do you people have nothing better to do?

true

Honored Contributor

On 10/11/2014 Skylands said:
On 10/11/2014 Ranchergal said:

I think she just needs change. Life moves on. People don't stick with the same job their entire lives as they once did. It seems many people get restless after twenty years working the same job, even being in the same career or living in the same area.

In today's job market, nobody stays in a job more than 5 years. Companies like you to move on so they find ways to help U move on. 20 years is unheard of unless U R in gov't. In fact it is often times seen by employers as a liability. Can U teach these people anything new? That's employers thinking.

QVC is unique in that has many people working there for 20+ years. It is a private company so.....................?

When you make over 500K, you certainly stay in a job for longer than 5 years I'm still shocked she's leaving, but I fully believe she has a "better" opportunity money wise. I think Lisa is very intelligent and knows what she's doing. She's seen too many "failures" from those who have parted ways with QVC.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Contributor

On 10/11/2014 culebra said:

Earlier I said that maybe she was joining Joan Rivers Worldwide. Maybe Melissa Rivers offered her a position. Lisa R is in a much higher category than either Bob Bowersox or Pam McCoy. She would not leave her $1,000,000+ position at QVC if she was not offered something new, different and better.

And how do you know Lisa Robertson's salary??

{#emotions_dlg.huh}

Honored Contributor

I think she just needs change. Life moves on. People don't stick with the same job their entire lives as they once did. It seems many people get restless after twenty years working the same job, even being in the same career or living in the same area.

In today's job market, nobody stays in a job more than 5 years. Companies like you to move on so they find ways to help U move on. 20 years is unheard of unless U R in gov't. In fact it is often times seen by employers as a liability. Can U teach these people anything new? That's employers thinking.

QVC is unique in that has many people working there for 20+ years. It is a private company so.....................?

LOL!!! NOT here in Oklahoma. At five years you are just a beginner.

Honored Contributor

People keep complaining about all of these LISA threads and how silly they are, but they are still here posting away! That always gives me a big laugh!{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Super Contributor

That's not the way it is here in NYC. How do you build up your retirement and 401(k) if you are constantly changing jobs. Many companies - you aren't vested in your retirement until 10 years. I was with my last employer 18 years when I retired. One of my friends just retired ... her entire career was with one company.

Super Contributor

When Kathy Levin left did she announce it and if so did she in the same announcment tell the Q fan what she was planning to do..Did she leave her fan base wondering ?

Trusted Contributor

On 10/11/2014 Ms X said:
On 10/11/2014 Daysgoby said:

Unless she is returning specifically as a vendor to be the face for the brand.

Otherwise, why is she still promoting the brand by posting pics of herself wearing the GILI items? I think her career move definitely involves GILI!

If you go there now, Daysgoby, you'll see she's posted a pair of boots and asked whether she should wear them in the rain today. Is this an item from her upcoming line or is she really just asking for people's opinions? It seems to me that she is including her present and future products in these pictures. Just my guess.

Here are the boots. Does anyone recognize these boots as being from another brand?

Photo: Ok, it's 52 degrees, raining and icky. I really want to wear my new boots. I know it's pushing it, but what do you think? :)

Edited to add: These are from Sperry, Lisa posted, so she's not showing them as part of an upcoming line of hers.

Cute boots