New Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson - Women of Distinction Award

It's all wonderfully timed since Lisa will taking over for Joan Rivers working closely with Melissa in continuing the line for Joan's long supportive clients as well as finding an audience with younger fashionistas. She will be bringing the Gili line too. It will be a collaboration with QVC so it will work well if done correctly. Lisa wants to continue honoring Joan.

Super Contributor

On 11/20/2014 mzlg said:
On 11/19/2014 willomenia said: Why isn't she in the photo?

PBJ WOD 2014

Robertson is a host on QVC, where she has gained an unparalleled insight to the world of fashion and beauty. She is the host of her own eponymous show and two others. She knows how to portray beauty brands in a television setting. Robertson always takes the extra step by working directly with the inventors to tell each product’s unique story. As one of QVC’s main faces, she's responsible for engaging with the company’s customers on social media. People can relate to her because she’s not afraid to show others that she’s more than just a saleswoman.

Do you think they airbrushed her nails or did she finally go and get a fill???

Honored Contributor

On 11/20/2014 alltaken said:

It's all wonderfully timed since Lisa will taking over for Joan Rivers working closely with Melissa in continuing the line for Joan's long supportive clients as well as finding an audience with younger fashionistas. She will be bringing the Gili line too. It will be a collaboration with QVC so it will work well if done correctly. Lisa wants to continue honoring Joan.

And you know this for a fact!!!?????

Super Contributor

Robertson is a host on QVC, where she has gained an unparalleled insight to the world of fashion and beauty. She is the host of her own eponymous show and two others. She knows how to portray beauty brands in a television setting. Robertson always takes the extra step by working directly with the inventors to tell each product’s unique story. As one of QVC’s main faces, she's responsible for engaging with the company’s customers on social media. People can relate to her because she’s not afraid to show others that she’s more than just a saleswoman

My issue is that the snipet above doesn't serve Lisa well at all!... It is "weak" in some areas and "inflated" in others. Frankly, I'm surprised she approved it prior to publishing.

My biggest question is....Why wasn't she identified as QVC's top seller?

Why refer to her having "shows". This implies that she actually has TV shows, but they are all seen on QVC. Other hosts have multiple shows on QVC as well. Sorry folks, this was misleading.

Bottom line, her summary was poorly written. They should have referenced her rise as a significant presence on the network, hosting the all important remote shows (Italy & N.Y.), being the most identifiable host, and extensive charity work ( Hamptons shows for Ovarian cancer etc.).

Respected Contributor

On 11/20/2014 caramels23 said:
On 11/20/2014 mzlg said:
On 11/19/2014 willomenia said: Why isn't she in the photo?

PBJ WOD 2014

Robertson is a host on QVC, where she has gained an unparalleled insight to the world of fashion and beauty. She is the host of her own eponymous show and two others. She knows how to portray beauty brands in a television setting. Robertson always takes the extra step by working directly with the inventors to tell each product’s unique story. As one of QVC’s main faces, she's responsible for engaging with the company’s customers on social media. People can relate to her because she’s not afraid to show others that she’s more than just a saleswoman.

Do you think they airbrushed her nails or did she finally go and get a fill???

HAHA! Actually, I hadn't noticed until your post,BUT those nails look nothing like her squared tips and length.I think you might be right.
Respected Contributor

Congratulations to Lisa.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Esteemed Contributor

Just add this to the list of things Lisa has and does that drive her haters batty with jealousy.

Super Contributor

Batty with jealousy? Really? Neither a Lisa lover nor hater, but congrats to Lisa.
Respected Contributor

On 11/19/2014 happy housewife said:
On 11/19/2014 Jules5280 said:

It is presented by the Philadelphia Business Journal, there were 31 women honored including Lisa. The blurb about her reads:

<ul id="imageHolder" class="imageHolder" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 1px solid #c0c0c0; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; list-style: none none; background: #ebebeb;"> <li id="106021" class="imageText loaded" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background: #f8f5ef;">
<em>Robertson is a host on QVC, where she has gained an unparalleled insight to the world of fashion and beauty. She is the host of her own eponymous show and two others. She knows how to portray beauty brands in a television setting. Robertson always takes the extra step by working directly with the inventors to tell each product’s unique story. As one of QVC’s main faces, she's responsible for engaging with the company’s customers on social media. People can relate to her because she’s not afraid to show others that she’s more than just a saleswoman.</em>
</li> </ul>

So - basically, she did a good job of doing her job so now she is getting an award for it. How many firewomen, female soldiers, policewomen - all who put their lives on the line every day are awarded? Sorry- this is naught but lame, lame , lame.

This award was presented by the Business Journal of Philadelphia so they will honor business women. It takes nothing away from any other female who does an excellent job. I really think Lisa deserved this. She puts a lot of professionalism into her job.

Honored Contributor

Congratulations to Lisa for a job well done. Way to go.

To the bitter ladies with the negative comments....Go blow it out of your.....ear!