Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lisa Mason's Request for Prayers

On 8/9/2014 VaBelle35 said:

Why is it important to know who has the cancer and which kind? So you can all go out there and tell her about your Aunt Bertha who had the same thing and suffered with it for a number of years until she succumbed? I mean, who needs that? I realize people are trying to help but that doesn't help. Which is probably why she didn't say who or why.

She is asking for prayers and telling you why she won't be on QVC anymore.

You've said what I've been wanting to say ever since I've been on these boards. These women are far from being doctor's. As you said, she's looking for prayers. So do it and be done with it. Also, I will say this and I don't owe these women a thing. I don't believe one ounce of sympathy stated here because if you can post about somebody's looks you don't like or an outfit you don't like, and most if all, post a pic of an over wright woman just to add more rude comments, I take your sympathy with a grain of salt.
Honored Contributor

God knows their needs even when we don't. I will pray for both of them and know God cares for them both in their hour of need. We do not need to know others personal details; it is enough to know they need our prayers.

Trusted Contributor

I just read this post. I send my prayers to Lisa and Gino.

I don't watch QVC very much anymore, but years ago I would love to watch the Jewelry of Faith shows and Lisa was usually the host.

In my opinion she was the best host on QVC.

I wish Lisa and her love Gino ("The G Man", or "The Big Hawaiian") as she would lovingly refer to him, the very best and I will pray for them both.

Respected Contributor

Praying for them
Esteemed Contributor

Remember, you can pray to God if this is your belief in the privacy of your home and location. A lot of prayers together are very strong, but he will also hear your individual prayer. I am a very firm believer because it works for me hands down.

I hope no one hacked on her face book, but there are a lot of mean nasty people today, who have the other god in them.

I will continue to pray for them until it is cleared up. yes there are people who make nasty comments on here and then say they will offer prayers. I believe they are sincere and have compassion. They are being women when they make the nasty comments about host, or another person. It is not right, but, when the chips are down, it sounds like they are good people. Give some leeway ladies, no body is perfect.

Valued Contributor

I understand they are in it together but which one has the cancer?

Honored Contributor

It's only human nature that we all wonder and speculate, and it's only human nature that those affected try to keep as much as personal as possible. What we can do is pray for them both, that they are cured and have no lasting effects. Faith is knowing that prayers work and a lot of prayers work very, very well...

Our prayers to you Miss Lisa and to your wonderful Gino... may you both be well.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

On 8/9/2014 busygirl said:

I understand they are in it together but which one has the cancer?

It doesn't matter. They are husband and wife and they are in this battle together.

So in my opinion, if one has it the other one does too.

That's how I would feel if my husband got cancer and I didn't have it physically.

If he had it, I have it.

That's love.

That's partnership.

That's a marriage.

Frequent Contributor

I find this post questionable.

First off, Lisa has always been a very private person.

Just the way this was written, didn't sound like her at all..

It was written to leave one wondering, just who was ill and it sounded very final in that we would not see her again, on the Q.

The very end of the statement it stated "please pray for Lisa & Gino,,so did she even write this /?

I hope it was, that her account was hacked, as someone mentioned. Yet if that is the case, you would think she would asap set everyone straight.

I don't know, if it is indeed true, I send blessings their way...

Honored Contributor

On 8/9/2014 VaBelle35 said:

Why is it important to know who has the cancer and which kind? So you can all go out there and tell her about your Aunt Bertha who had the same thing and suffered with it for a number of years until she succumbed? I mean, who needs that? I realize people are trying to help but that doesn't help. Which is probably why she didn't say who or why.

She is asking for prayers and telling you why she won't be on QVC anymore.

That's harsh...

Being a lung cancer survivor myself, I call it 'support' and 'understanding'...being able to relate to the situation...

And as such, not everyone survives. I was very lucky, and knew full well of the odds, others that did not survive what I had...being realistic is part of the process, not sugarcoating the facts while giving of ALL hope possible with LOTS of prayers.

Not disclosing the details/specifics of the cancer/illness is her choice...and I applaud her to do as she wishes. That does not mean I still don't find it odd.

I am very sad {#emotions_dlg.crying}