Respected Contributor

A343162 

Saw Louis's blazer (and at a reduced price) last night on Fashion's Night In...

As I said in post above, I greatly admired Louis as a designer, but only bought once from him, and though it was my size (XS/2-4) it ran way too big and long (I'm only 5'1.5") for me. 

That said...I love a good blazer, for me it can often be my favorite "uniform" with jeans, boots or heels, and crisp white blouse, shell or tee. And I've wanted a navy blazer for a while, just haven't been out looking.  So, when I saw this, and Amy, who is a size XS, 5'2.5" look so good in it, I decided to give it a try.  Yes, it was longer on her than on Jackie, or how it's shown in the pics online...but I like the longer look, and it didn't look too big or like it didn't fit. Reviews were mixed...I saw petite people say it ran too big for them and another at 5'1" that said it was beautiful on her.

So my fingers are crossed....I bought the navy and if it works, I have the black on check...I'll get both and be set for a while. (Though I may have to decide before I get the navy since shipping is taking so long.) We'll see.

If anyone here has this blazer and has any feedback, appreciated.

Funny, one of the things I always remembered about Louis was his commenting once how "this is a TRUE" navy, which I couldn't agree with more...he mentioned something that used to always bug me too...the things in the market they say are "navy" are often just a medium/dark blue, but not truly navy, which is a much more classic color...and when you say navy it should be that. Stuff like that from Louis is what we could count on.

Respected Contributor

I had always heard that navy was the hardest color to match and Louis would point out things like this about color and design that will stick with me forever. I will so miss his knowledge of true fashion and his willingness to share all of it with all of us. Always "best dressed" when wearing Linea. Cheers Louis.

Honored Contributor

Yet they keep Isaac who can't hold a candle to Louis. I do not understand.

Valued Contributor

The quality of his products were terrific.  Sadly, I feel that once he said he would be stepping back from the on air presentations, I like others I am sure, stopped tuning into his airings.  I liked listening to him. He is a real designer. And I like the real designers, not reality show participants/"actresses"/someone-with-a-famous-name-to slap-a-label-on-and-call-it-a-fashion-line when they are on air.  I have noted before, I have observed that once the "FACE" of the line leaves the line is more-or-less over. I like to listen to Bob Mackie (I mean he is a legend, right!?) or Louis telling you why they chose a fabric, why they created the proportions they did, the sewing techniques used, and their sketches that really make you feel as though they are truly invested and inspired.   I also do think that at this time, his clothing might not be what "the world is right now" but that WILL change and activities will return, requiring a bigger demand for nice clothes.  Why can't they have at least a smaller boutique of his wares, and keep it very much a capsule collection, he definitely has a following but maybe there is too much product and they should start fresh with basics like his pants and skirts people like, and then a few "classic fashion forward" items.

Trusted Contributor

Very sad to read this.  Though I do 90% of my apparel shopping outside of QVC, I periodically pick up a few pieces from Louis, Isaac and Graver.   To be honest, I was not surprised to read this.  The fashion industry is hurting from the Pandemic especially with next to no traffic in their stores.  I suspect Brands are knocking on QVC’s door to get airtime.   I wouldn’t be surprised to see them eliminate several others who have been around a long time so they can bring in new blood so to speak.

Honored Contributor

Earlier in the week a poster said that Linea was on Amazon. I checked it out and sure enough there it was. I ordered a blouse that was very reasonably priced. I must confess I was a bit shocked to see his clothing on Amazon but am very happy, although a limited selection, his clothing is there. Free shipping if you have Prime...

I am hoping the collections will be expanded and Amazon will offer a larger selection.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

Earlier in the week a poster said that Linea was on Amazon. I checked it out and sure enough there it was. I ordered a blouse that was very reasonably priced. I must confess I was a bit shocked to see his clothing on Amazon but am very happy, although a limited selection, his clothing is there. Free shipping if you have Prime...

I am hoping the collections will be expanded and Amazon will offer a larger selection.

@Trinity11   Just a word of caution.  Remember that Amazon is made up of thousands of independent sellers.  Louis is not selling his collection on Amazon.  That is someone who purchased his clothes from QVC (note the QVC item numbers), and has set up an Amazon Linea Louis Dell'Olio Store to sell them off.  

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Trinity11   Just a word of caution.  Remember that Amazon is made up of thousands of independent sellers.  Louis is not selling his collection on Amazon.  That is someone who purchased his clothes from QVC (note the QVC item numbers), and has set up an Amazon Linea Louis Dell'Olio Store to sell them off.  

Thank you @Caaareful Shopper . I had no idea! I was really hoping that it was directly from Louis but I guess it is just too good to be true.

Thanks again for warning me...

Esteemed Contributor

I do not like or buy this line but it must not sell. QVC is only interested in $$$.  Quacker Factory will probably be the next to go.

Esteemed Contributor

I just checked and could not find his LETTER.  I did search and was unsuccessful.  Can anyone be more specific.  I would love to read it.