Trusted Contributor

I have only ordered one Linea item. It was a knit shirt. I ordered the size I thought I would need and it fit nicely. Now I want to order the knit v neck dress and noticed that my waist might actually fit a size larger a little better. This may make the hips big. The bust should be ok. Should I size up? I love some of the items but am always wary of ordering something I cannot try.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Linea Ladies Help, please!

If you post what size you normally wear, the appropriate linea lady will respond. Louis did mention on his blog to size up if your hips are two size larger than your bust.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks crdib,

I usually wear a L or XL, but noticed that the only difference between an XL and the 1XL is the waist. My waist is my big part. My hips are more like an M or L.

I am leaning toward the 1X as it is a straight dress and maybe I could take in the hips if need be.

Valued Contributor

debcakes: Nice to have you ""aboard"". Welcome. You'll have to decide if this applies in your situation but Louis just posted on his blog site regarding the v-neck dress that ""If your hips are two sizes larger than your top….you should size up one to accommodate the difference""

It may be that this will not work for you but you'd sure hate to have the thing hang up at the waist - if you think you can live with it being bigger at the hips. And as you point out - you ""could"" take it in at the hips. Good luck!

Honored Contributor

I have also found that any items with stretch like the new vneck tshirt dress will give you some room to stay with your usual size. I went through a trial/error phase when I became a Linea client as it pertains to size. If you can afford to do so, order both sizes to see what you like best. Once you order a few different items, you will identify your best size depending on fabrication, Louis' recommendations, garment sizing info plus feedback from Linea ladies on this board. It's a wonderful line!!!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

It sounds to me that you shouldn't size up as this dress runs large through the tummy area. I ordered up a size due to being hour glass shaped and was concerned about the hip area which was the right decision (hip-wise), however now the dress is extra roomy (yes, too roomy) in the waist.
Super Contributor

On 5/14/2014 Chi-town girl said: I have also found that any items with stretch like the new vneck tshirt dress will give you some room to stay with your usual size. I went through a trial/error phase when I became a Linea client as it pertains to size. If you can afford to do so, order both sizes to see what you like best. Once you order a few different items, you will identify your best size depending on fabrication, Louis' recommendations, garment sizing info plus feedback from Linea ladies on this board. It's a wonderful line!!!

That's not a bad idea to order both sizes so you can really tell which is better - and then in the future, you'll have a pretty good idea.

I have found - for me - that it is never a good idea to size up in this line - even when he recommends it for most people. And if the click here measurements seem bigger than normal, I do not hesitate to size down - and that has worked well.

Honored Contributor

On 5/15/2014 Dagna said:
On 5/14/2014 Chi-town girl said: I have also found that any items with stretch like the new vneck tshirt dress will give you some room to stay with your usual size. I went through a trial/error phase when I became a Linea client as it pertains to size. If you can afford to do so, order both sizes to see what you like best. Once you order a few different items, you will identify your best size depending on fabrication, Louis' recommendations, garment sizing info plus feedback from Linea ladies on this board. It's a wonderful line!!!

That's not a bad idea to order both sizes so you can really tell which is better - and then in the future, you'll have a pretty good idea.

I have found - for me - that it is never a good idea to size up in this line - even when he recommends it for most people. And if the click here measurements seem bigger than normal, I do not hesitate to size down - and that has worked well.

Agree with the suggestion to not size up. I went with the garment size to order the WK long sleeve cardi, which put me in medium. Yes, it fit , but it looked slightly too big at shoulders and even the length. So I held onto the medium, ordered a small, and the small was a better fit for me. I could wear the medium, but the small was a better fit. Without having both sizes, it would be a guessing game as to what was best for my body type. Hate spending the money on returns, but it was worth the process. The clothing is high quality at fanatsic price levels. You won't find anything like this at b&m

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri