Honored Contributor

Most of my 'tower of joy' is arriving today-- leggings in navy, the indigo poly/spandex tank and the horse bit necklace. I also ordered the Joan Rivers polka dot enamel button earrings (J274264) in all 3 colors. I received the navy already and will let you all know if the red ones work with Louis' red WK pieces or the PK pieces. They are a nice size for those who have short hair and the enameling is lovely--the navy is a dark navy blue with white polka dots. I will also review the horse bit necklace when it arrives; not sure if its a matte gold or a bright gold tone.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor
On 3/4/2014 JustJazzmom said:

Most of my 'tower of joy' is arriving today-- leggings in navy, the indigo poly/spandex tank and the horse bit necklace. I also ordered the Joan Rivers polka dot enamel button earrings (J274264) in all 3 colors. I received the navy already and will let you all know if the red ones work with Louis' red WK pieces or the PK pieces. They are a nice size for those who have short hair and the enameling is lovely--the navy is a dark navy blue with white polka dots. I will also review the horse bit necklace when it arrives; not sure if its a matte gold or a bright gold tone.

Can't wait to get the horse-bit and wind chime necklaces...the dreaded "in process"...! Wearing the wind chime earrings today...love them..when I turn my head a bit, they really sort of sound like a delicate chime...

Honored Contributor
On 3/4/2014 LDOlvr said:
On 3/4/2014 JustJazzmom said:

Can't wait to get the horse-bit and wind chime necklaces...the dreaded "in process"...! Wearing the wind chime earrings today...love them..when I turn my head a bit, they really sort of sound like a delicate chime...

Are the wind chime earrings a matte or bright gold tone? Thanks.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

I caught the last half hour of the show.... they seemed fine together. And Louis was kidding around about the models not being on stage .. they were both laughing about it! Much to do about nothing as usual.

Regular Contributor
Since I was not able to view the widely discussed presentation, I will leave critiques to others. I do want to comment about Jac's FB response posted here. She is amazing. Not only is she elegant and perfection for Linea designs, she was able to effectively put into words the difficulty they experienced yesterday. She, also whether or not intended, portrayed a love for her man and his devotion to both her and his life-long talent and accomplishments. I was touched by her honesty and eloquence. When Louis styles one of his designs, he has multiple parts with profound nuances. I cannot imagine changing directions backstage abruptly. Without knowing the facts, I put my bet on a producer who made some decisions (probably based on stats of sales) that made Louis, Antonella and the models look bad. The loyal Linea base will not be influenced by a bad show, and new viewers need to know that the line is worth following for future purchase if a refined designer look is what you prefer.
Super Contributor

Wow - how unappropriate for Jac to post what she did. He is a vendor. He needs to get over himself. This is not world-changing stuff. I'm just so surprised. He has absolutely no right to be so testy to any host. None of them do. The hosts are simply doing their jobs as employees of the Q.

If this had been Lori Goldstein or SG, there would have been hundreds of nasty posts about it all day along.

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/4/2014 robomo said:

Wow - how unappropriate for Jac to post what she did. He is a vendor. He needs to get over himself. This is not world-changing stuff. I'm just so surprised. He has absolutely no right to be so testy to any host. None of them do. The hosts are simply doing their jobs as employees of the Q.

If this had been Lori Goldstein or SG, there would have been hundreds of nasty posts about it all day along.

She posted this on her PRIVATE Facebook page and the op chose to bring the post here. If you think it's not appropriate for her to share her thoughts with her friends on a PRIVATE site, well, that's your opinion I guess. As for your testy remarks, if you watched the show, Louis Dell'Olio never once was anything less than polite and enthusiastic, working with the host to get past what were some hurdles during production, including some well-founded concern about his wife who was MIA for most of the show. If some here feel that the host was not the best choice for the show, that's their opinion but I don't see why you feel that reflects on the vendor.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Regular Contributor

In regard to the unfortunate comment about NJ:

Since I am a person who frequently speaks before she thinks and often says things that may be offensive but said with zero malice in my heart, I understand making a mistake. I make them every single day.

I hail from a state which has one of the highest levels of corruption in the country, highest teen pregnancy, highest drop out rate, poverty, etc. etc. So I've lived my whole life with people making assumptions about the kind of people who come from my home. Current reality shows aren't helping the situation in the least. But, and this is a BIG but, in addition to the people who fall into the above categories there are also thousands upon thousands of warm, wonderful, intelligent, and caring people. They've never met a stranger and will welcome you into their homes with a warm hug and a bowl of gumbo. It doesn't offend me one bit when someone judges the entire state based on statistics or Reality TV. I don't need to shame the person who says such things, in fact I make many jokes about it myself, because if we can't laugh at ourselves then its a pretty sad state of affairs.

I am concerned about the piling on that takes place here when someone says something regrettable. People seem to come out of the woodwork to scold and shame. If there is anyone here who has never said or posted anything they regret, offended anyone, friend or stranger, I would love for you give me a lesson, because I sure could use it. I'm the queen of the faux pas but I'd rather pop my own eyes out and roll them in cornmeal than intentionally hurt someone. I'm fairly sure most other people feel the same way so I try to cut them a break when they do or say something as unfortunate as I do all the time.

~ciley

Contributor
On 3/4/2014 robomo said:

I respectfully disagree and will say that Jac's post WAS totally appropriate. Louis takes his work very seriously and I love that! I own many, many pieces in his collection and wear them all. He is a great designer. I have personally found that every piece I own is well made and timeless. I obviously don't know Louis personally, but on all the shows I have watched throughout these years, Louis has been a true gentleman. Louis, I think you're simply amazing!!!

Honored Contributor
On 3/3/2014 kachina624 said:
On 3/3/2014 maryebrown said:
On 3/3/2014 KathyPet said: Something was definitely going on backstage with no models out on the set. Louis wanting to know if they had gone on strike. I don't think I have ever seen anything like a model shortage before on any QVC show before.

I'm so sad I missed the show, We had a 4 hour power outage...

Maybe some of the models had trouble getting to the show due to the weather??

My sister lives in the Western suburbs not far from West Chester. She said they got less than an inch of snow, so there was no weather problem.

I think the models were there since they were onstage before. Some mix-up backstage when QVC made some last minute changes.