Respected Contributor

I'm seeing them on shows produced in NYC. Hoda at the tree lighting, somebody at the Thanksgiving parade, Dionne Warwick on Kelly Clarkson today.

Did a manufacturer deliver multiples to the NBC wardrobe department?

Honored Contributor

Leather or faux leather is ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I love leather, but personally, I don't think leather works for leggings so they also shouldn't be done in faux leather.  

I have a full-on leather skirt from years ago and a Calvin Klein faux leather/faux suede pieced skirt.  No leather pants although I do have faux suede pants.  Normally, leather pants would be pieced since you can't get full legs out of a piece of leather.  I would get a pair of faux leather pants though if they weren't skin tight on the legs.  Bum yes, legs no.  I would only get them in black though. Full-on leather pants would be too expensive.  I got that CK skirt on sale and it was faux.

Honored Contributor

Re: Leather Leggings on NBC

[ Edited ]

Leather leggings?  I can't think of anything more impractical....or uncomfortable.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Leather Leggings on NBC

[ Edited ]

As @Desertdi posted leather and faux leather clothes are a huge trend this fall and winter. 

I'm seeing lots of ads for leather and faux leather pants, but I'm not seeing people in my city wearing them. Personally, I will skip the leather pants and leggings. I like a nice leather jacket though. I'd love to have a suede skirt again. 

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Leather leggings?  I can't think of anything more impractical....or uncomfortable.

@Kachina624   OK, really tight pants. When they're that tight I'm not sure what they're called. I guess it depends on the weight of the fabric. 

Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3.  Oh, I don't doubt that leather leggings exist but the downsides of such garments are enormous.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624      Yeah....over HERE, it would be SWEAT!!!  di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi.  You've  cooled off some by now, haven't you?  It's  only been in the 40s here during the day and I'm cold.  It was 14° a few nights ago. 

Trusted Contributor

I have a pair of pants that's genuine leather in the front and a stretch fabric in the back. I like them and wear them in the winter. They are definitely a "lewk".