Valued Contributor
Honored Contributor

I really like the Olsen twins but all I see are two heads amidst yards and yard of material.... they are so tiny, all those layers just dwarf them.... Woman Indifferent

Just my humble opinion....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Super Contributor

Actually i have never seen a picture of these two that they are not connected

at the head like siamese twins ...

Just my humble opinion .... Lol

Super Contributor

Actually I try to keep all my opinions humble !!!

Honored Contributor

The Olsen women have had that signature look for years.  If they like it, I'm happy.  We can all develop a signature look that works for us.  Many of us already have.  I think they like the layered look because the are so small with child-like bodies that the layered look adds body to them, their clothes become a focal point.  I understood the LOGO look from day 1 and it's not really a LOGO look, the layered look preceded Lori and her QVC line.  I'm a 16/18 and I tried it.  Doesn't work for me.  It makes me look shorter and wider than I am although I do have a piece or two that I style with other things in my wardrobe.  For some odd, incomrehensible reason; some women on this board frightened by that particular look.  It seems to terrify some and some obssesed with it, even thought they say they don't like it.  Yes, Lori does do layer upon layer upon layer.  That's because she selling these things...lol   She's speaking to the women who collect her items, encouraging them to build their collections.  She's not mandating that the rest of us MUST wear her items exactly the way she styles them for the shows.  Why would anyone think such a silly thing?   It's no different than all the other Qvc fashion lines.  You buy what you like and style in any way that pleases you.  You aren't required to copy a look that you saw on the presentation.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

The Olsen women have had that signature look for years.  If they like it, I'm happy.  We can all develop a signature look that works for us.  Many of us already have.  I think they like the layered look because the are so small with child-like bodies that the layered look adds body to them, their clothes become a focal point.  I understood the LOGO look from day 1 and it's not really a LOGO look, the layered look preceded Lori and her QVC line.  I'm a 16/18 and I tried it.  Doesn't work for me.  It makes me look shorter and wider than I am although I do have a piece or two that I style with other things in my wardrobe.  For some odd, incomrehensible reason; some women on this board frightened by that particular look.  It seems to terrify some and some obssesed with it, even thought they say they don't like it.  Yes, Lori does do layer upon layer upon layer.  That's because she selling these things...lol   She's speaking to the women who collect her items, encouraging them to build their collections.  She's not mandating that the rest of us MUST wear her items exactly the way she styles them for the shows.  Why would anyone think such a silly thing?   It's no different than all the other Qvc fashion lines.  You buy what you like and style in any way that pleases you.  You aren't required to copy a look that you saw on the presentation.

@chrystaltree

After wearing school uniforms for 12 years, when I graduated from high school I vowed never again to dress like other people ... and started developing my own style.  

My personal style has evolved over the years and I'm able to incorporate various designers into my wardrobe.  I can mix Mackie, Graver, LOGO, D&C, Rinna, Attitudes, and even some QF(!) with my JCP, LandsEnd, Chico's, Soft Surroundings, vintage QVC designers like Koos, Indigo Moon, Sandy Starkman, David Dart, Freelance, Citiknits, etc., etc., along with my own handknit piieces - while maintaining "my look."

When I wear LOGO, I don't look like Lori or any of the models.

Honored Contributor

I am not a fan of too many layers. I get too hot and uncomfortable. I might layer a top or tank under a blazer or cardigan once in a while. I also layer over sleeveless dresses, but usually I only have one thing on top. 

Respected Contributor

@wilma wrote:

I am not a fan of too many layers. I get too hot and uncomfortable. I might layer a top or tank under a blazer or cardigan once in a while. I also layer over sleeveless dresses, but usually I only have one thing on top. 

I do not like wearing layers. The only time I layer is in winter, when needed for warmth.